Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know what's wrong with me. Major mood swings.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 349 Total Views

I don't know what on earth is wrong with me. I'm having such major mood swings. One minute I'm perfectly fine & then the next I am so angry that I want to break everything in my house, I'm snapping on everyone & saying very mean & hurtful things to my family (not the kids) & then the next minute I'm crying my eyes out wanting to die (I'm not suicidal, I'm not going to hurt myself or anyone, just stating how I feel) I'm not pregnant as I just had a period & I have a Mirena IUD & my youngest is 2 & 1/2yrs old so it's not postpartum. I'm going to the doc on Thursday but I'm scared of what they are going to say because mental illness runs heavily in my family & I've already been diagnosed with OCD, Social Anxiety Disorder & depression. I don' think I'm Bipolar as I have no manic type symptoms, no hyperactivity, no spending money, no promiscuity. I just don't understand what's wrong with me but I hate feeling like this & I hate being so mean to my loved ones, I'm not that type of person, this isn't me. Anyone else go through anything like this?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NicholeAT
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:06 PM

It might be the hormones from the IUD, ANY time I would have hormone BC ( I've been on the pill, Patch, Nuvaring) It made me mood swingy , I would just start to cry for no reason, then be so angry and yelling at anyone who was around me, plus I have really bad anxiety anyway but they made it much worse. All my drs told me it wasn't the hormones but as soon as I got off them within 1 to 2 months I was back to normal.

deb_2111
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Yes, I've felt very much the same way..and I too am not pregnant.  Some days I feel so happy and things are going great, then it seems as if the next minute I am so angry or sad and weepy. I wonder at times why I feel this way.  I have gone through a lot of changes in this past year and think maybe it's that. I have heard that stress affects everyone differently.    Hang in there, I'm sure we're not the only ones.

brandidy56
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:20 PM

I have been acting the same way, so my doctor put me on a mood stabilizer on top of my depression pill, a mood stabilizer is used to treat bi polar disorder, major deppression disorder, boderline personality disorder and many anxiety disorders. You may have one of those so its good that you are seeing a doctor. Many people with personality disorders that go untreated put not only themselves in danger, but everyone around them too. And dont worry if the first medicine he gives you doesnt work or makes it worse. Many people go through many meds before they find the right one or combination of meds before finding what really works. Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
MeganECox
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:14 AM

I felt the same way on my mirena. I had mine for 3 years. How long have you been feeling this way? My mirena was great for the first year but after that my hormones went all outta whack! I had it removed in August of 07. We now have fertility problems, that i obviously didn't have before I got the mirena.

denise310
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:45 AM

you need  sex  in your life

Terratad8675
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Megan, it's on & off that I feel this way. It's been really the past week I have been having my current problem but I have been having bouts like this on & off for years. I just seem to have really bad anger management. When I get mad, I blow up big time & then I cry. I have had panic attacks & stuff since I was probably like 4 or 5 years old. I threw up every single day of school until the 6th grade my parents finally decided to homeschool me because they were tired of putting me through that every day & kids are very cruel ya know? But my panic attacks & over all moodiness just seem to be more frequent & intense in the past few years. Maybe it's just because my astrological sign is Cancer, LOL, they are supposed to be moody right? I'm just a big giant crab.

Terratad8675
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM

@ Denise LOL, me & hubby are good in that dept. thanks. Especially after I go crazy, the make up you know what is awesome. :-P

Oobersezzy
by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 6:48 PM

God the mood swings.....

Let me tell you about the last few days. I was excited because i managed to eat eggs without tossing them back up. (yay! big step.) I have had two emotional break downs, i sobbed like a little girl because the sex was nice, i got sad because no one wanted to eat my mexican casserole, i was ecstatic again because i got laundary pretty much done, then grumpy because the drier was driving me nuts with the constant humming noise. Finally, today, on my way to the library, i got really pissy because it looked like rain and i am tired of being wet and cold. >.<

I mean, how childish do i feel, complaining about the clouds in the sky like someone can do something about that? I mean, i was in tears. But i have sobbed, had anxiety attacks, and been grumpy for no reason, then turned around 5 minutes later and been all smiles. I think i am driving my fiance nuts. Bless him for his patience with me. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)