Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lacking in supportive female friends.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

Hey there everyone.

I'm pregnant with my first baby, and there are no females around for support. At first it was no big deal, because i could hardly believe the we were actually pregnant, but now i am pulling into week twelve, and i have realized that i quite literally am lacking female friends. My mother passed away in 2007 to top everything else off. I try to control all the emotional outbreaks, but i honestly think my fiance is on his last limb when i comes to patience, and dragging him around to babies-r-us and other places just seems to me like i am boring him. I could really use some female friends to chat with and spend some time with. Maybe catch a decaffinated coffee or two and problem solve this whole crotcheting thing.

I can honestly say that i am totally bored, and a little depressed. When i first found out, i was really excited. But then came the nay-sayers. The unsupportive family. The friends who can only point out that i am going to get 'fat' or that i am unmarried. Telling me i wont ever be able to do anything interesting again. It gets really hard to stay positive. I know that i will always be able to do the things that i set my mind to, and that i will be able to make time for the things i need to. I have priorities and i have them straight, but i dont think that my friends would agree. So, it feels a bit lonely. And i feel less and less like a female every day with all of the male friends hanging around with my fiance.

Anyway- i guess that is my crisis for right now. lol. I need girl time!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I can relate to what you are sayin somewhat when I first got pregnant with my boys I had a couple of female friends but not alot for my own reasons and its like after the shock of finally being pregnant wore off everyone dropped me and it actual stayed that way so I stayed busy lookin for baby things takin classes like parenting classes and breastfeeding classes and actually found other moms going through the same thing I dont know if you have any of theses groups where you live they had them at the wic office here just might be somethin to look into!! I wish you luck in ur journey to find some female friends but sometimes men understand too!!!

twin boys

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

well dammit.

I had a super long reply written out, and CM lost it.

Anyway, tell the nay-sayers to kiss your ass. They aren't raising your child, YOU are. Don't worry about everyone else, worry about what's right for you and your family. I understand the situation you are in- I think most first time moms lose the majority of their 'friends' when you have a baby. And you know what? If you have lost your friends, then they weren't really your friends to begin with.

Also, I don't have many real life friends at all, and even then, they drive me insane. My best friends are online believe it or not. I hope you are able to find good friends here, and if you ever need someone to chat with, feel free to send me a message :)

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Hi there, I went through a similar situation my mother didn't pass though..sorry. But she moved half way across the country though and didn't look back. She was all I had cause the daddy ran faster than the road runner out of our lives. I am not sure where you live but from a distance I would enjoy chatting and become friends over coffee or whatever you can have.... I am in California. If you would like to become friends I would make a reliable one....hope to hear from you.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I'll be your supportive friend if you need! I am 34 weeks tomorrow, and this is my first I'm sure we have a lot in common!!! Friend request me, I'm SERIOUSLY down to talk about ANYTHING, ANYTIME. good

by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 11:55 AM

by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Hello, I am Kristen and this is my first time being pregnant.  I found out a while back that I am having twin boys.  I was also really excited but because of things that happened to me around the same time (my fiance cheating and us breaking up- calling off our wedding) things were also really hard.  To make matters worse... although a lot of my family is supportive my female friends haven't been.  Even my sister has been distant.  So I came here hoping to meet friends and find moms-to-be or current moms to chat with. 

I am 20 weeks and have so many questions and worries as well as excitement.  I feel bored like you a lot of the time because I am not even in my own home right now.  I am staying with family while work is being done on the floors in my house.  Things have been out of sorts and I have felt lonely.  So, there are a lot of ways I can relate to what you are going through.  I am really sad that people have treated you the way you describe.  You deserve all the support you can get.  If you ever want to talk I am here and would love to chat.  

Take care and remember you aren't alone.

by on Apr. 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Well I am a mom of 3 so f you ever need to talk or have any questions I will answer as honestly as I can. This is suppose to be the best time in your life tell all the nay-sayers to kiss you cute pregnant ass. I know what its like to be with some one who seems not interested. My DH was the same way with both my boys (my DD is from my ex so he wasn't there to be unsupportive) until he say them and held them for the first time. So just give your fiance some time.

by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 4:30 AM

sorry to hear about your mom and hang in there and congrats on baby!!!  enjoy this pregnacy in the end it will be over to quick, yes even the morning sickness, but when you start feeling your baby move around inside it is awesome - try not to stress it doesnt help you or the baby! as far as future hubby - most guys dont grow up till they are 32 at least and still some are late bloomers.  but even married alot of times moms feel like they are single parents on a newborn and an adult child! hopefully he will start being interested but if its hard for you to talk to him or he tunes you out when you start talking about feelings , write him a letter he will hear every word because he is reading it or in a card etc try it you have nothing to loose!

by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Wow. Thank you all very much for commenting. :) i didnt expect so much feed back and i really appreciate it. i am currently running through and sending out a few invites, but i might not have enough times because the library people are time nazis. so, if you would like to send me a friend invite, that would be awesome. I'd like to be able to to connect with you guys.

by on Apr. 22, 2010 at 7:02 PM

i went through the same thing sweety. i now have 2 and im goin to school. i STILL dont have many friends maybe 2 to count lol. and they have other best freinds that come first. its hard, trust me i know. this site helps alot. you can find people who are close to your area and stuff too. i am in lexington kentucky, just thought just in case you were close lol. keep your head up, you learn to deal with things you never imagined once you become pregnant and a mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)