Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help Me!!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 145 Total Views

So my son will be 23 months the 16th and ever since last saturday he has been refusing to sleep in his crib. He took a nap in their saturday afternoon but saturday night started it all. We lay him down in his crib he starts crying we walk out and hes right behind us! Idk how much longer I can take with little sleep! We havent changed anything he used to go bed at 8pm every night I just dont understand its like he is scared of something. Please any advice im going insane!!

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
FAskew
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Well, 1- if he's able to get out of the crib that easily, maybe he's ready for a big boy bed. 2- I usually use the "supernanny" technique and it's pretty effective. Place him back in the bed when he follows you out and sit next to the bed so that if/when he tries to get out again you can simply put him back in. Don't talk to him or look at him, just put him back and sit there...eventually moving closer and closer to the door until he is asleep. It's a process, but it has never NOT worked for me....GL!!!

RosePetalTears
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:51 PM

mine did that and the only thing that worked was moving him to a toddler bed and we moved him to his brother's room. ( I was also preg and needed the room for his sister).  

Las80
by on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:46 PM

sounds like he needs a big boy bed.  He may have also had his first nightmare and can't tell you because he's so young.  Try a new bed time routine one that is very calming.  What worked for my oldest son was every night I would bath him, PJ him, then lay him down in his bed and read or sing to him for about 10 min,  then tell him I had to go potty and I'd be right back.  Always go back but most of the time he was out before I got back.

Just remember before you know it he'll be asking to learn how to drive the car! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)