Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel like a bad mom

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:58 AM
  • 13 Replies
  • 376 Total Views

so today my DD was throwing a huge fit
and i looked at her and im like
this cant be my life
and this cant be my daughter
i feel like a bad mom
my sister say that she felt the same when she was a single mom
but it dont feel right to me
and i love my daughter she is my life
and iv felt like shit ever since then
is it normal to feel like this?
or am i really a bad mom?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemansmo816
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM
You are not a bad mom we all have those moments heck i sent my 2yr old to my moms and then after i got home i thought why didnt i leave you there for 1 more night . There is nothing wrong with getting frustrated and thinking why me . We all have moments like and it dont mean your a bad mom . I am sure you are a great mom but kids do like to see if they can get away with something every now and then . JUST HANG IN THERE GOOD LUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
19bubbles91
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM

iv honselty never felt like that befor

and even when i looked at her

i felt like it was a dream

and that i would wake up any min

i guess it does happen but i still feel like shit and feel like just busting down and crying my eyes out

Mom2Jade08
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:25 PM

You are not the only one... That happens to me from time to time... I realize though that I am a good mom when she looks for me to comfort her, when she has conversations with me, when she hugs me, when she bites me, lol... Everything passes...

sailorsgal09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM
ive cried from feeling that way plenty of times. you may have things going on around you or things goin on in your life thats causing you to feel overwhelmed with your life and the situations that you are in but you are going to be just fine. Just know and believe that and your journey as a mother will get better, we all signed up for this with no manual or instructions so sometimes its frustrating when you have nothing or nobody to turn to but you will be ok mama, it actually feels better after youve let out all the built up frustration through a few shedded tears.
Meli7983
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I don't think your a bad mom .. I think alot of us go through that moment when you look back and say "is this it" for me when my girls were young I felt like I lost all of who made me who I am and just became mommy but I think thats normal because you do lose alot of who you are but you also gain alot :-) Dont be hard on yourself..

szecsodi81
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:26 PM

You are NOT a bad mom!  I think it is perfectly normal to feel like that sometimes!  I know I have felt that way before a few times!   I can't even imagine being a single mom, that would make it even harder.  But you should feel bad about it because you know you didn't mean it and everyone gets frustrated from time to time!

Angelica2179
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:13 AM

ahhh one day you will be the one telling someone it's normal to feel this way:) Youve done nothing wrong. Don't feel guilty. 

dsptchmommy
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 8:15 AM
I've felt kind of like that, but not because of my kids.

Quoting Mom2Jade08:

You are not the only one... That happens to me from time to time... I realize though that I am a good mom when she looks for me to comfort her, when she has conversations with me, when she hugs me, when she bites me, lol... Everything passes...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcalpinmom
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:23 PM

i think that every mom thinks that at one time or another. it just means ur feeling overwhelmed. i know at time i feel like that and im not even a single mom. i love my kids but there is time i wonder have i done something wrong to make my kids act the way they do. i just have to keep reminding myself they r kids so there is a reason for my kids to be acting the way they r. tired, hungry, or just wanting mommy. ur not a bad mom just having a bad day.

tazz67mom
by on Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:13 AM

LOL, we all have those moments and remember you have mood swings just like your DD. Don't be so hard on yourself, because then your child will know something is wrong. They learn how to feel about themselves from us. Show her adults make mistakes, but we can move on and do better. Not that you did anything wrong.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)