Admins are needed for the chatroom only, as we have admins who tend to the group posts and such already. So, you must be active in the chat in order to be considered.
There have been a few changes in the recent admins of this group and, as a result, we are seeking members to help out in this area.
If you have DSL and are able to help keep the room open, are a frequent member of this group, are trustworthy, honest, friendly, compassionate and respectful then we want to hear from you! There are a few more things that are required of admins as well:
1.You must remain unbiased towards members in all situations.
2. You do not have to chat the entire time you are on, but you must be active- which means you must greet those entering, answer questions that some may have and be monitoring chat at all times.
3. Actually be able to put some time and effort into being admin. Please do not say that you will do it and then depend on other admins to run things.
4. If you become admin in a controversial or "hater" group that is known for bashing this group, its members, or admins you will automatically be demoted (without warning). If you join in on these groups and hide it from your groups on your page, this is considered not being honest and trustworthy and goes against admin expectations. YOU WILL BE DEMOTED, NO QUESTIONS ASKED! We hate to do it this but we can not have our admins being part to the bashing and attacking of this group and it will NOT be tolerated.
Please respond to this post and let us know why you think you would be a good admin. After reviewing the responses, we will make a decision and let you know. Just because you are not immediately chosen does not mean you are not being considered, as we are constantly choosing those for the admin position- so this post will always be up. If you have any questions, please let us know.
However, there are just a few things you need to keep in mind as admins:
1. Admins shall follow all rules of the group, as well as those of CafeMom. We are to uphold the no bashing, attacking or acting in a disrespectful manner or behavior towards members (as well as admins). There will be no ganging up on of members either. These are childish acts that will not be tolerated. If someone comes in, fake or not, bashing the admins for a ban or other reason, they are to be banned as well. Just because we are admins does not mean that we have to allow ourselves to be bashed. Just make sure it is according to admin rules and such.
2. Admins must be fair and unbiased. We cannot tolerate admins showing favoritism towards their friends or fellow members of another group. If favortism is shown in any manner that jeopardizes the group or its members the admin will be immediately demoted, without warning, and be banned from the group for no less than a period of one week. This also includes fake profiles. CafeMom says one profile per person. If they delete their account and just change names, that is allowed. But if someone makes a fake just to come in on it, they are to be banned. Same goes for someone who has been banned and makes a fake to come back in- They are to be banned and reported to CafeMom. If a man or someone under 16 enters the chat and we know it, we are to ban and report that profile also, as that goes against CafeMom Terms of Service.
3. It is never acceptable for an admin to unban another's ban unless specifically asked to do so. If either myself, Christin or Deb feel that someone needs taken off, if they are a permanent ban or such, then we will take them off. If an admin is caught removing their friends from the list, they will be immediately demoted, without warning, and be banned from the group for no less than a period of one week.
4. Admins must try to greet people as the enter the chat, as otherwise it might be misconstrued as being rude. You don't have to have a 5 minute conversation with everyone, but you do need to at least say hi. It is much like walking into a room and no one noticing you are there. We all like to be told "hello".
5. If you have a problem with another admin, take it to myself or Christin and we will do our best to solve it for the best of all involved. It is never acceptable for two or more admins to argue in the chat in front of the members. If you have a problem with somone, take it to yahoo or to admin chat. Admins are to project themselves as a team, one that works together to make this group the best that it can be. There are other ways of handling ourselves.
There are a few more minor admin rules that will be discussed when new admins are promoted.