Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some mom's need to know when to SHUT-UP! PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 316 Total Views

Okay, before I begin this has nothing to do with cafemom.com.  In that light I was at the grocery store by myself, and my kids wanted to help.  However they both started to fight about who was gonna do what.  Well I warned them that if they didn't stop we were gonna leave the store.  Well after several protests from them they said No and we continued.  Well I went to the grapes and as I was looking at them I noticed this mom kept looking in my direction and giving me dirty looks.  Well, my kids again started bickering and my oldest started stealing grapes from the fruit stand which he knows is not allowed, so I gave them a choice that we either leave the store or they get a spanking.  Needless to say they didn't want to leave the store so I tapped them, (YES TAPPED them) on the hinney just to warn them that I mean business and after that they said sorry but before we could continue our shopping, this mom came over and litereally told me that " It's apperhent that you can't control your kids, you are making a scene and you need to leave the store, NOW!" I was so shocked that I didn't know what to say, I did start to tear up only cause I am 8.5 mon pregnant, it's been a very long day, I didn't get much of a nap and I am dead tired.  So anyway my kids did straighten up and as we were headed out of the store this same mom cuts me off doesn't say anything and just throws me this look that could kill.  Needless to say at that point ALL GLOVES were off and I didn't care what came out of my mouth although I was nice and no obsentities came out.  I just told her in no uncertain terms that these were my kids, not hers, and if she didn't like how I disciplined them to keep her mouth shut, mind her own business and keep right on walking.  She started to "bitch" at me but I wasn't having it, I took my kids by the hand and we quietly walked out of the store.  All I can say is WTF what is it about people these day, why can't they just allow parents be parents, I mean it wasn't like I was beating my kids, infact my kids weren't even crying when the incident happened.  Man I hate this town.. I so need to move....

Largest Database of Images For Comments And Profiles at FreeCommentTags.com

http://www.katienewmangiftsandhome.com/store/aGo.asp?aff=198
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
grownsexy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:58 PM
DONT WOEREY ABOUT IT. THEIR ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE THAT THINK THEY ARE PARENT POLICE. I DARE SOMEONE TO TRY AND CORRECT ME WHE I AM CORRECTING MY KIDS. I THINK YOU HANDLED THINGS WELL. THE WOMAN DID NOT KNOW THE SITUATION.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grownsexy
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM
Lol I meant worry hard to see letters on my mobil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FreeSpriT4eva
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM
U took it better than...^5 momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fireandice
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:02 PM

An elderly lady walked up to me outside of the store and told me that she was going to call cps to reporty me  for letting my son cry it out in the car. He was 4 yrs old and decided he was going to cry , knock the cart over and have a tantrum in the store after I said no to something he wanted. His little body suceeded in flipping the cart so I took him out to the car.  I  buckled him in his car seat. I told him he could go back in the store when he stopped crying and closed the car door. I was outside of the car waiting for him to settle down. The elderly lady saw this and thought I should go home and not have him in the seat. Your experience reminded me of what I went through almost 10- 11 years ago!

ameliabradshaw
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I agree

JodyPagaz
by on Sep. 1, 2010 at 11:43 AM

I will be the stick in the mud here I don't care I am being honest! I think spanking your child on any level is best left for places not so public, I spank my kids, my son and my daughter can both be a pain, but I will walk right on out and leave before I "tap" them in the store and embarass myself, and cause a scene because it will offend someone. I also will shoot parents dirty looks who obviously cannot control thier children or thier tempers, and therefore makes my shopping less enjoyable, and harder to concentrate when someone is allowing thier kids to go animal in public!

However, the way I am, I would have also considered your condition and totally not treated you that way, I most likely would have shot you or your kids dirty looks but that would have been it. I have however went to store managers before when children have been knocking over stuff in isles, running, screaming, even with a obvivious parent around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)