Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI but could use some feedback PLEASE

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 298 Total Views
Ok so im here with my bff and she is FREAKIN OUT because she is SEVERELY constipated and...TMI PART...shes had to manually remove her bowels...yes im sorry but she is totally scared because this has happened twice today,she is waiting on her dr to call back but in the meantime has anyone ever had to do this? What happened? Etc..thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmomma86
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM

Did she use and enema? or just like, pull it out? There's stuff she can take. My husband's grandma takes senna to keep her regular. Idk if that's something she could take or what... it's a laxative. (but she physically cant go anymore. she's got  alzheimer's)...

tsoto09
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kleigh24
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM

laxatives, fiber, apple juice

AJW914
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM
She may need a colonic or get a kit and fill it up with water, and flush herself. I do this when I'm dieting. That may help.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
napps
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM

i'm sorry for your friend...sounds very uncomfortable.  is she pregnant? she may need to increase her FIBER BIG TIME! benefiber, red wine (if she's not preggers)...things with high amounts of anti-oxidants in it....she may need stool softener.

nerdymom28
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I've been constipated before, but never to the point that I need to do that. It would take an apocalyptic constipation to make me wanna do that LOL. But for real, maybe she should try taking a laxative and try to get more fiber in her diet. I put Benefiber (tasteless powder fiber) in my OJ every morning and it helps keep me regular. Activia yogurt is good for that too.

Sheana925
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:52 PM
Coffee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JuJu389
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM

BUMP!

carrieroman
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Take Miralax powder, my nephew has a bowel problem and he has to take it everyday.  My sister puts it in his juice.  If that don't work, use an enema.  They are gross, but no different then taking it out ourself!!!  Like everyone has said she is missing something!!!  She needs to be taking something on a regular basis to keep herself regular

angelgrl5200
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 11:33 AM

tell her to drink some really strong coffee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)