Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I pls just quit already?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 118 Total Views

I work for a dispatch center and have been here as long as this other person that works every shift I do. I think she is very kind and generous and all together a nice person .  BUTTT.....

She cannot do her job. I mean seriously this job takes computer skills, quick thinking, quick typing, you know you kinda have to be on top of stuff.

She cannot type the info fast enough to help out our crews. I mean if there is something going on you need to tell the crew it is unsafe. Its not hard we have tons of quicknotes, just type a letter or two and it puts a whole sentence in the card.

You probably have no idea what I am talking about. But her and I went through the same training class at the same time and they knew she wasnt very good then. Really I think this makes life or death situations sometimes and she cant keep up.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!  She really does drive me INSANE and I want to take her and teach her the class all over again.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AJW914
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Honestly, someone will be hired who is more experienced and she might be fired.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tymma11
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:25 AM

My maternity leave is coming up real soon and I cant wait. I doubt they will ever fire her. She is a little older and close to retirement anyway. Maybe they are just waiting for her to croak so they dont have to be mean.

kristybaby2
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:38 AM
how do you become a dispatcher? i would love a job like that!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tymma11
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I was an emt first for the company then found out they make more money (this is the case where I work ) so I went into the dispatch center.

Most cities require no licenses for anything you pretty much just walk in off the streets and tell them you have computer experience and they hire you.

However around here, KCMO, they do things somewhat differently. You have to work for the department first then go into dispatch. In KS I think you have to be retired from the police force or fire and ambulance to work there.

It is really different anywhere you go

CourtneyCS
by on Feb. 11, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Every job has people like that, I supervise several people and there are ones who do a great job every time and then there are others who will just never be great at their job. Its hard when you are the boss because to fire someone they really have to mess up a lot. Someone who does their job to the best of their ability (even if that ability leaves a lot to be desired) can usually keep their job, its unfortunate but not everyone has the same abilities and that can be very frustrating. I think that no matter what job you have or where you work there is always going that one person who will just never excel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)