Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 94 Total Views

Hi, my name is Tia. I'm nineteen years old, and engaged to a wonderful guy. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant or not, but I just need advice. So I'm going to just explain everything, then hopefully I get some helpful feedback. However, I know that to see if I'm pregnant, I should just wait. But I have already taken two tests and it said negative, but I'm not sure if it was completely accurate given the fact that we've made love on a number of occasions this last month. I'm not meaning to speak graphically, I just don't know where else to turn. First, I think I should note that I believe I might have had a miscarriage about nine months ago. Anyways, about a month and a half ago I had a kidney infection. My doctor perscribed antibiotics to me to fix it, and then the next month when I had my monthly cycle, all I did was go very very lightly, and it wasn't constant. That lead me to believe I was pregnant. But I have recently taken two tests and they both say positive, that was Friday, April 8th. Yesterday, I was spotting throughout the day. However, my period last month lasted from March 23-27th, so I shouldn't have my period again for at least another week or so. I'm just concerned with what's going on with my body. I do have a doctor's appointment, but it's not until May 10th. So I'm just trying to get as much information and help as I can with the time being. So if anyone has any feedback, please please reply to this. Thank you so much.

Tia

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AJW914
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:55 AM
I knew I was pregnant when I spotted very lightly and felt like I was cramping and then it would go away and the feeling would come back and go away. Also, I was having unprotected sex with DH, something was bound to happen.
We took 5 tests, all said positive. Those tests are accurate. May is a whiles away, if its just to take a pregnancy test they should take you ASAP. Its very important. GL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:38 AM

you took 2 tests and they were positive!  HELLOOOOOO you kinda have your answer already.

Diana_B.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:04 AM
I had a similiar problem at that age with like 2 to 3 periods in one month but was not sexually active at all. They gave me meds to stop my period and then birth control to regulate my periods again. Doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant however the positive tests are odd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)