Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is driving me crazy

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 171 Total Views

She is only six and we had to take her lock off her door because she locked herself in her room because I told her to go in their until supper was ready because she was being just horriable to her brother. So she threw a royal fit and started screaming at the top of her lungs I don't love you mom, I won't listen to you, Your stupid mom and so and so on. When I went to deal with it she shut the door and locked it. So I had my dad come take the lock off and she is grounded to her room. So she comes home and throws another because she can't go outside. This is an on going problem every little thing sets her in to crying or a full out fit it's like living with an emotional time bomb help.   

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:35 AM

yep my 3 yr old has been a royal diva too, but I am sure it is sibling rivalry with her 11 month old sister.

Dalimonster
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:05 AM

I don't know if this will help, but here goes.

You must know that she is saying that stuff because she knows that it hurts your feelings. YOu might try reassuring her that you DO love her, even when she says she doesn't. I've heard my SIL saying "Aw, that's really too bad, because I love you more than life itself. But you are still grounded"

She's acting up because she knows it affects you. When she starts understanding that it affects her more than you, she will start cooling it off a little. You send her to her room because she's being horrible? Try sending her instead to a place where she cannot have fun, a place that is not hers. Her room is hers, her stuff is there and she is comfortable. My mother used to make us stand facing a corner of the room w/o interaction. If we cried or screamed or yelled, the punishment wouldlast longer. Don't be afraid of piling up some punishments. She is grounded inside the house becuase of what she did, and she throws another fit because she cannot go outside, now she's standing in the corner as well, or maybe she lost her favorite toy as well, or her tv priviledges.

A lot of parents don't agree with phisical punishments. I disagree to a certain extent. A spancking doesn't have to turn into a beating. But I am all for spancking a kid that deserves it. You don't have to go there if  you are against it, but it is an option as well.

I hope any of this helps. I feel for you.

knockedupagain
by on Apr. 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM
My daughter is going thru that right now. I don't know where it came from. Its frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)