• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need some advice plz!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 249 Total Views
Well in 10 days my divorce will be final and I'm having a very hard time letting go. I still love me ex very much and want my life back but I just don't know what or where to go from here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:37 AM

good luck sorry I have never been divorced so not sure what to say. Look at this as a new adventure. One where you can decide everything. Do the things you like to do and push yourself to be outgoing. Meet new people and focus on your new start.

EricaGtz82
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:40 AM
Thanks I have been trying but it just doesn't seem enough.
noel1979
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:42 AM

i'm sorry. divorce is so hard. i went though it once already. If i may ask why is it happening. are there things that can be worked on. have u and him talked about trying again.

if u don't want to post all that u can send me a messgae.

EricaGtz82
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM
He has cheated multiple times and I got fed up. I have been putting up with it for 3 years. But the bad thing is he can do what he wants but won't let me move on he comes back and messes with my mind and than leaves again and when I want to talk about it he always acts dumb. He has a gf and they r moving in together. I'm just so confused about the whole situation.
SandyBeachInNY
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Have you tried counseling?

ddk219
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 11:42 PM

It will take you time to heal and let go. There are no works that can be said to help this. It will be in your time. My best suggestion would be to find something you like to do and do it. Place a smile on your face even if you don't want to. Also cry when you need to so you can heal. But let go and go on there was a reason for your divorce and people sometimes still love that person or love the idea of that person. Thank God for giving us time because all things will heal and the pain will lessen and you will find happiness once again. I went through a divorce and I still loved him but I knew he was not good for me and was bring me down so we divorce. The pain was much and I cryed often until one day I just could not cry any more over it. I began my life again and went out of my way not to see or hear from him again. When that day came that I understood way we divorce it was like a light bulb and poof I was out dating again. I meet a wonderful man that I married and I am over joyed about that divorce. It will take time but I hope this helps. D

Spitfirre
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:39 AM
He messes with your mind cuz he loves knowing your still there, married or not, and it makes him feel good that you havent moved on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddk219
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 11:32 AM

When I went through the same type of divorce I just keep pushing myself. I wasn't working at the time because he wouldn't allow it so I went and got a job. Then I went and got my GED and moved from the place we stayed together. It seemed to make it easier. Also because he told me he would come back for me and that was the last thing I wanted. I loved him so much my heart heart but I knew why we divorced so I keep reminding myself of that. The closer my divorce came the more I wanted to run to him. I remember that day so well. I was the only one to appear in court and I cryed sobbing on the stand. I remember looking at people even the judge and I could tell this was bothering them as well. The judge asked are you sure you want to do this. As my voiced shaked and quiverd I said yes. When I left I was sobbing like a baby. I didn't know I had so many tears but just then the sky opened up and weeped along with me. I felt that the Lord knew how much I did not want this divorce but he knew I was in my rights to request it. I felt that he was weeping for me and my pain. I stopped the car and stepped out into the rain to let it wash way my tears and pain, to be cleansed. I felt the pain for a couple years but as time went by it lessened. I meet a wonderful person that I dated 8 yrs and I know have been married 8 yrs. One thing I made sure of was when I finally did date, I kicked to the curb anyone that said or done or disrespected me over another women and in doing so I found him. I know its not much to go on and there are no words to make it better or easier, you will just have to go through it and keep pushing on and in time  the pain will lessen. I feel no pain or regrets from that divorce. I believe in time niether will you. Hope this helps and good luck. D

brittanytoner
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

i need help wit somethin my bf left and went to ga with his family and left me here and he now i am2 months pragnet with his kid and i dont now wat to do  can some help me plz

ddk219
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 6:49 PM

Hello, the only advice I can give you is in questions. Do you want your baby ? Do you ever see yourself going back to him. Can you provide for the baby and do you want the resopsibility of the baby. I was 14 yrs when I had my daughter that is now 33 yrs and she gave us five grandchildren. I don't know how old you are but I can most deffinatley tell you it will be the hardest thing you ever done expecially raising the child alone. You will have to make a choice to devote your self to your child and never turn away or put your self before the child. I can tell you I was so broke one time that I ate nothen for two weeks but drank only coffee and my daughter had only peanut butter sandwhiches. We made it to may next pay check but I lost a lot of weight. If you do want to adopt your baby to a loving family my husband of 8 yrs are looking to adopt. We are a loving stable couple. email me at deedeekeeth at yahoo dot com Hope to hear from you either way. Maybe I can help you, Take care. D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)