Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED A TRUE FRIEND

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 277 Total Views

DEAR MOMS,

I AM NEW HERE.I JUST JOINED YESTERDAY.I AM NNEKA, I AM A NIGERIAN WOMAN AND I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 9 YEARS AND I HAVE FOUR CHILDREN WITH ONE ON THE WAY.MARRIAGE AND CHILDREN ARE TWO VERY DEMANDIND ROLES.GOD IS MY STRENGTH EVERYDAY.HE HAS BEEN SO WONDERFUL TO ME AND I GIVE HIM ALL THE GLORY.HIS LOVE FOR ME AND MY FAMILY IS SO INEXHAUSTIBLE.I HAVE FOUND OUT SOMETHING I REALLY DONT LIKE ABOUT MEETING NEW PEOPLE ONLINE.AT FIRST THEY ARE SO EAGER TO KNOW ME BUT AFTER SOME DAYS OR AT MOST A  WEEK I DONT HEAR FROM THEM ANYMORE BOTH WOMEN AND MEN.I DONT WANT THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME HERE SO I NEED ATRUE FRIEND FOR A LONG LASTING AND MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIP.

FOF ME TO CREATE TIME AND ATTENTION FOR ANY REAL WOMAN WHO I WILL MEET HERE THE PERSON SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME FOR ME.I AM A CARING,UNDERSTANDING,KIND AND HARDWORKING WOMAN IN MY HOME SCHOOL AND CHURCH AND I NEED WOMEN WHO ARE TRUE TO THEMSELVES AND WHO WILL BE TRUE TO ME TOO.I HOPE TO MEET ALL OF YOU WHO ARE WITH ME ON THIS.

**THERE IS ALWAYS TIME FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN YOUR LIFE**

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TjChas1003
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:01 PM

I agree, I really hope you can find a loyal friend just like I have been looking. It is hard to find someone who loves you for you and won't judge you but listen and be there for you. I have a hardtime find people I can truly trust that won't turn on me when they are having a hard time.

MooreMommy5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:08 PM
I'm sorry but no matter how good of a friend you are, you'll never be more of a priority than my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelfire1735
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Nneka,

It is very nice to meet you my name is Cassie.  I am sorry you are running into this problem.  Unfortunately whether in person or on the internet it happens alot, I know it does to me.  You sound like a very down to Earth person with a great life.  I wouldn't let it get to you too much there are people out there that are capable of true friendship and not just friendships that benifit them.  If you would like to add me please feel free.

TjChas1003
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM

I agree with Cassie. It is hard finding friends that accept you for you and your kids. I have friend from college that are still single and have no kids, and do not understand that you can't just drop everything for them. My kids come first.

Quoting angelfire1735:

Nneka,

It is very nice to meet you my name is Cassie.  I am sorry you are running into this problem.  Unfortunately whether in person or on the internet it happens alot, I know it does to me.  You sound like a very down to Earth person with a great life.  I wouldn't let it get to you too much there are people out there that are capable of true friendship and not just friendships that benifit them.  If you would like to add me please feel free.

angelfire1735
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Tj.   Thanks!  You brought up a good point too!  There are alot of people that not only don't except you for who you are but don't accept the fact you have children and they are your world and they come first.  People like that are not worth having as friends because if they cannot accept the fact that you are happy being a mommy and wouldn't change it for the world they aren't your true friends.  I mean we don't judge their choice to be single do we?

prettygirl326
by on Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM
I get it. It is very hard to meet people you can click with like the friend you seem to be describing here nneka. Friends is a strong word that has a lot of character and some people just won't live up to that for whatever reason....mostly because if you meet someone and they happen to be someone you have longlasting chemistry with, you will create a bond and have a friendship. That won't happen by looking for it and certainly won't happen being soley online. Plus people usually are in your life for a reason and a season. One day, you may meet someone cool enough to call a friend but i believe it is very real and organic thing....it just happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)