Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

someone please help me!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 289 Total Views

so i recently got hired! i'm super blessed with finally finding a job in 3 years! its not much the pay but it is something! i have twins who just turn 20 months and my boyfriend is the only one bringing in money so i decided to take what i could in a job and i am now a hostess in tgifridays :) i work so many hours and barely see my babies though :( but i know i'm doing the right thing with working. big problem is i have no babysitter so i just applied to care.com i hope i find a perfect babysitter bc i don't trust anyone with my babies :(

any advice?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
toniar
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Do you have any family that could help you out on the days you have to work and you BF can't care for them?

DarksMama
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Check their references, and make sure whoever you choose has been through a background check and been fingerprinted by the state. That's the best you can do when using a service.

Sweets27
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 11:53 PM
I tried that and it would be more expensive for me so I just stay home. Good luck finding someone. Congrats on your job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziq1982
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Congrats on the job. If you don't have family to help out I think I would trust a daycare center quicker then someone off the net. You may also call some local elementary schools and see if they have a list of in home providers that parents use at that school. They usually cost less and are usually well known around the school.

HannieC
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Here in Idaho we have a hotline that gives a reference.  Just something to consider, I would recommend going to a bunch of childcare centers and getting a feel for what you like and don't like about them.  Go online and print off a list of questions and things to look for when searching for a childcare center.  Also, go to  NAEYC website and find your local chapter.  Ours has a way to look for  local childcare centers.  This gives you a direction for great childcare centers.  If they are taking the time to be a part of this then they aren't low quality.  In order to be a part of NAEYC you have to meet certain requirements.  The childcare centers I worked for were part of this.  That doesn't mean that there aren't amazing places out there who aren't a part of it, but if you are uneasy about who watches your children it is some more reassurance.  The other thing to look at would be a place like New Horizon that has a national name attached to it as they should have more regulations. Just be sure that you are welcome to drop by anytime and you can enter your child's classroom whenever you want.  They should not be bringing you your child at the door, you should be welcome, a transparent classroom means they are not afraid for you to see what's in the classroom.  With that I also say, keep in mind that there may be times when things look crazy but stay objective and really consider what you are seeing and then it'll all work out.

Good luck and if you have specific questions about childcare please let me know, I am here.

http://www.naeyc.org

precious1114
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM

ask your friends see if they know a stay at home mom that would like some extra income.  they are a stay at home mom so sometimes they like the extra cash.  Thats what i did when imoved and needed to find a new baby sitter.  I also asked friends who they took their kids too. I usually go with in home daycares because they are usually less expensive.  and plus sometimes they provide the food so you dont need to to worry when it comes to that.  good luck

precious1114
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 1:46 PM

also our state has somethign on their phone lines for finding lincensed daycare providers.  do you have any friends that could help out?

ddk219
by on Sep. 18, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Always do a back ground check on what facility you go with. Speak with parents that take there children to the day care. Also have each persons back ground checked. Then most important alway just pop in once in a while but always at different times. Hope this helps. D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)