Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some may take as racial...no bashing

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 179 Total Views
Okay so my family is a family of muts...but apperance wise we look white. Anyhow due to a bad situation we are having to stay in a hotel...well me and the kiddos wanted to go get a soda out of the vending machine. As we are walking down the hallway we see two guys standing in one of the doorways. The white guy hollers something crude and perverted. The black guy just stood there like I can't believe this guy just said this to, her with two young kids. On our way back only the black guy was standing out there and I smiled and waived at him, I didn't feel threatened. But the white guy came out and all of a sudden I felt sick and very unsafe. He started saying crap and following us. Just as I was about to turn around and say somthing the black guy steps in and basically says if he didn't leave us alone then he was gonna beat his ass. And the black guy walked us to our room...i said thank you and he said no prob that I reminded him of his little sis and he didn't want my boys to hear what his friend had to say. He said it would probably be better to wait until my husband came back to the hotel to go back out to my truck...so heres my awkward moment...is it weird that u felt more comfotable with the black man and allowed him to escourt us to our room because I was afraid of the white man....

Please don't bash because I AM NOT RACIST...i say we are muts because we have a little bit if every ethnic in iur family tree...but please tell me what you all think...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
504bbymami
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM
What? Why would that be weird? I'm lost lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:41 AM
Idk...it just felt like an awkward moment I guess...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:46 AM
Okay I guess I got to say it...because the white man was a creeper and the black man was supper nice and safe feeling...i guess I just figured it would have seemed like it should have been the other way around because of the way they were dressed...white man clean cut, lack man loked like a gangster, like he fell out of a rap video...

Quoting 504bbymami:

What? Why would that be weird? I'm lost lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jpalmer
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:47 AM
I love and hate my smart phone...the damn letters are hard to txt with...uggg...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mayumimommy
by on Nov. 19, 2011 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this
There are many black men that are far more polite than white men. I guess maybe you just haven't come across this before either that or you have been programmed to group certain people with certain characteristics - called stereotypes. I do understand the "dress" stereotype as it is difficult to trust anyone, white or black, that looks like they stepped out of a rap video. I just can't quite figure out why pants don't get worn at the waist anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)