Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I confront my ex-bff?

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

Hello Cafemoms,

I haven't speaking to my ex-bff since Sept. For the easter break I invited her daughter which is my goddaughter to the circus. I ask the mother can she bring her to my house. She told that she couldn't because she was working. When I  came to pick her up, her car was in the driveway. Why did she have to lie? Should I confront her about it?   

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
5thlilone
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:13 PM

just ask, but not a mean way.

DivaMom1118
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I don't want to ask probably tell me that she doesn't owe me any explanations.  

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I wouldn't ask. If you wanted to do something for ur god daughter, that's what u do.

FranticNewMom
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:47 AM
problems don't get solved unspoken. if she feels she have to lie then it's a sign of a bigger issue in you guys relationship... trust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trulyblessed618
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Maybe you should let it go for now and bring it up another time if it seems appropriate.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DivaMom1118
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Quoting MandiFuego:

I wouldn't ask. If you wanted to do something for ur god daughter, that's what u do.

I wanted to do something for my goddaughter so I invited her to the circus which she had a good time even though she is 15 years old. I don't think she needed to lie since I am taking her child out.

DivaMom1118
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Quoting FranticNewMom:

problems don't get solved unspoken. if she feels she have to lie then it's a sign of a bigger issue in you guys relationship... trust

I agree with franticnewmom.. But, we have been friends for over 20years and I think we probably out grew each other. But, I am trying not involve the kids because they have nothing to do with that. We haven't spoke about our issues at all. I just got tired of her selfish ways.  

DivaMom1118
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Quoting trulyblessed618:

Maybe you should let it go for now and bring it up another time if it seems appropriate.....

U fortunately, I can't do that I don't really talk to her. I text her if she was doing something for my goddaughter on Easter.

MandiFuego
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting MandiFuego:

I wanted to do something for my goddaughter so I invited her to the circus which she had a good time even though she is 15 years old. I don't think she needed to lie since I am taking her child out.

What I'm saying is, pick ur battles. You love ur God daughter, regardless of how her mom acts. Shes lied, probably moved on about it seconds later and here u are on CM venting about it..seems like a lot of effort and brain power for something that's not that serious.

DivaMom1118
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Quoting MandiFuego:

Quoting DivaMom1118:

Quoting MandiFuego:

What I'm saying is, pick ur battles. You love ur God daughter, regardless of how her mom acts. Shes lied, probably moved on about it seconds later and here u are on CM venting about it..seems like a lot of effort and brain power for something that's not that serious.

That's my point of me asking. If we're not talking why would you have to make a big deal to lie that you was working. It took me by surprise to see her car in the driveway.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN