Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help getting books

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 138 Total Views
I need help getting my son some story books. We had a whole big box of books but some heartless people stole all of them. He keeps wanting me to read him stories, but with us having a very tight budget we cant afford to get him any books. He is 4 years old. Any books would do as long as they are age apporiate. Between ages 4 and 6 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Caitlinsmom09
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

The Library has tons of great books and you can take out a bunch at a time

Goodwill has books anywhere from .50 to 1.50 each

Yard sale season is starting up I'm sure you could find boxes of kids books pretty cheap

:)

aries1984
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:24 AM
Bump! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stephwordelman1
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM

bookmans very cheap if you have one out where you live, they run from $1.00-5.00 depending on the book

aries1984
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM
Bump! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starburst1123BZ
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I agree with the first comment about the library! Unlimited amount of books, and with the constant switching of books, he wil never get bored of the same stories everyday. Or see if you and your friends could do a book exchange thing, were you all borrow books from eachother.

aries1984
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM
In order to borrow and exchange books with a friend, i would have to have some books. But i dont. And were 3 miles from the library and i dont drive...and i dont have very many friends that have kids my sons age. Or at least up where i live i dont.

Quoting Starburst1123BZ:

I agree with the first comment about the library! Unlimited amount of books, and with the constant switching of books, he wil never get bored of the same stories everyday. Or see if you and your friends could do a book exchange thing, were you all borrow books from eachother.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelly860
by on May. 4, 2012 at 8:31 AM
Yard sales. That's where I get almost all of mine.I almost never buy new. And the library has alot of sales. I go to the library every week (which is 4 miles away) and get books for 25 cents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)