Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any other mom's toddlers do this?

So for the past month or so my daughter that's 20 months picks up books or anything with writing on it and proceeds to "read" out loud well pretending to read lol

by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
loves2lovekay
by on May. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this
My DD used to do that a lot...she's always loved books, she's now in kindergarten and reading at a 3rd grade level. Continue reading to her and nuture her eagerness to begin reading. : )
ashlet01
by on May. 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

yup mine do that all the time.

dnhines2002
by on May. 31, 2012 at 1:54 AM
Yes my son has been doing that since about 9 months old he's 3 now and he loves books and surprisingly has never torn or eaten the pages but my grand-daughter that's 17 months will rip the pages right out and ball them up and throw them in the trash.
-Q-
by on May. 31, 2012 at 2:43 PM

yea my 16 month olds been doing that

lildensmom
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats cute. My soon-to-be 3 yr old son does that too. He imitates me a lot too; like stands like me and bats his eyes just to make me laugh. He is our little actor.

lalasha
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:31 AM
Yes, they did. It was so stinking cute. I miss the toddler days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nautired
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:33 AM
My 20 month old has been doing this for a while. He usually just says whatever is in the picture.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annielpn118
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM

My son is 2 and a half, and started doing that at like 11 months old, now when he does it he will spell out every letter in a word, he doesn't know the word, just points and says each letter.  He has been recongizing all the ABC's since he was one, and now he does the same thing with numbers, anything that has numbers on it, he has to proudly tell you what the numbers are.  I encourage this all the time, because it seems to amaze people and I think it's doing a good thing for him.  Keep encouraging letters and words and numbers....kids amaze me all the time in what they know.

TrippsMommy09
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:15 PM
My lil guy does this its so cute
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sparklebug86
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 4:16 PM

yes! My daughter does and it is too cute!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)