Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daughter is missing. Please Help

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 321 Total Views

My daughter ranaway on 7/27 this  year. the left after i left for work. she went down to one of her friends house around the corner. i didn't realize she was gone until a neighbor called me at work and told me that one of her friends was letting the dog out. He asked her where Shakayah (my daughter) was. her friends told him that she left this morning she was gone when they woke up. So i immediately left work. done some networking found the friend house. talked to the grandmother and daughters friend, there i learned she left with a man. Instead of waiting the whole 48 24 hour thing i called the police right away. i gave them detailed information his name his address, the description of the car, and his cell phone number. Of course i had to wait for someone to call me back, The police never went by his house 7/31(Tue). I called the next day 8/1(Wed) and asked for information on the case. Whomever answered the phone was a complete asshole. When i asked for the information i was told if they had any new information dont i think they would have called me. Again I call the next day 8/2(Thurs) i give them the case number ask to speak to the person over my case. they send me to a voice box. left message. waited for couple hours called back. talked to someone told them my daughter had been gone officially 48 hours. again im told someoen would call me back, i wait again for a couple hours. i call again this time there is no such officer by that name. frustrated i go looking around myself.  Come friday 8/3  im livid. i havent recieved any return calls. i call again same bullshit left 10 to 15 messages. mind you i started calling first thing in the morning 7:30am. i decide to call 911 i tell them i am sick and tired of sitting her not having nothing done so im going to take matters into my own hands and if someone gets hurt thats on them im done playing with them. so of course they sent someone to his house. the police made it before i did. they had searched the house no daughter the dude admitted to picking her up at her friends house and hanging out shortly after that he said he had dropped her off at riverside park. he was not arrested wasn't really questioned anymore about her whereabouts. i asked the officer what will happen to the guy. he tells me nothing, i ask if i can get him arrested for statuatory rape or for picking up a minor without the parents permission. im told no need proof they are having sex and there is no crime against someone picking up someone. 8/4 (Sat) I called the FBI and told them what is going on with the case. I was told by the FBI since my daughter was last seen that friday 8/3 that she should be changed in the system from a runaway to a missing person. I contacted the fort worth police department and told them that i had spoke to the fbi and what they had told me. Again i had to wait for a phone call. 8/6 (Mon) Fianlly get a call from the detective that is over the case. This woman didn't have any of the information i had to start from day one. before she called me i had been getting calls from my daughters friends giving me leads. i told the detective the new information. the never changed the case around in the system. 8/7 im told about a party that all the teens in my daughters circle are going to attend. i call but get sent directly to vm. left several messages. no response. 8/8(wed) to 8/9(Thurs) i had called everyone i could think of internal affairs, Fbi, new stations and radio stations trying to get my story heard. 8/10 (Fri) Called again, Fianlly got someone one the phone told them about the party. Area it would be in, i let them know right off the bat i would go myself but i dont know the fort worth area all that well i wasnt brought up here. 8/11 (Sat) Passed by. i waited to hear from police. (Sun) 8/12 the girls house my daughter ran off from calls me to tell me she saw my daughter at that party. I asked her if the police came. Of course not. Called Fbi and internal affairs again. I get a call from a detective telling me he would call me first thing monday morning. (Mon)8/13 He called again i had to go over whole case with him. Tues he goes back to the house from fri 8/3 arrest the dude. hold him for a couple hours. let him go. Wed 8/15 get a call from my daughters friend telling me she just texted her. Turns out to be the same guys phone number. Report nothing can be done about that. Thurs 8/16 We talk about other leads. Getting flyers done for the patrol. (Fri) 8/17 to (Tues) 8/21 Sitting around waiting on the police. Flyers are done. Still getting leads leading back to same cell phone number that belongs to the same dude. Decided to make a fake facebook page (wed) 8/22 My daughter accepted the the request. Called told the police. Of course i still have to do all the work. i do the work copy evidence. i almsot got her to bite the bait as far as meeting but she saw that her boyfriend was also a friend and decided she wanted to meet another day. So now im stuck i dont know what else i can do. PLEASE HELP IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS.

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MrzPalmer
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM

wow I cant imagine what your going through. But you can at least rest your self that she is ok, if she is texting friends and going to parties and especially if she is checking and chatting with you on FB. I dont know how old your daughter is but from the way it sounds that she ran away. Because from what you said that she's been doing she has probably had every opportunity to just come home. But so far it seems like your doing all the right things. And I understand as a parent that your worried sick because you think of the most worst things that can happen to your daughter. But when she does get home if I were you I would seriously punish her. Take everything away from her and remind her everyday what she put you through. I wish you nothing but the best of luck in this. Ill keep you in my prayers.

wantmychildren
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Thanks. She is only talking to me on facebook cause she has no clue it's a page I made. I feel when a teen girl is being influenced by an older man to leave home, its more than she just ran away. Trust me she is going to get punished. 

kayleeab
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Did she come home yet?

BusyB4thm
by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:34 PM

wow this sucks...keep on your police department and when this is all said and done get copies of your call records to the police department and fbi and then go get copies of all the times that an officer was sent to you (there should be case numbers in the system ) then go get a lawyer and go after the department cause they arent doing anything!!!!

wantmychildren
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:22 PM

8/29 Today Shakayah turned 14. She actually called me for the first time since she has been missing. I have a general ideal who she is with but still can't get any assistance from the police. I really don't understand why they would want a parent to call them with a lead but don't follow up on the lead. She called me from the guy's mothers phone. I was able to pull up an address and phone number. Still that isn't enough information. At this moment I feel helpless.

Momma2MyMonkeys
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 1:42 AM

14?!?  Just breaks my heart.  Shame on all of the law enforcement people who are "helping" (NOT!) you.  When I was reading this, in my head I was thinking, she must be 17, almost 18 and just jumping to get her freedom a little faster.  FOURTEEN!  Have you contacted the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children?  Maybe a tv media person, all I can think of is Nancy Grace at the moment, but someone like that?  

I wish you the best. 

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PublicHomeServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US

wantmychildren
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:14 AM

Thanks. I will look at the website. I have registered my daughter with the national runaway and exploited children. What is really starting to get to me is the fact that my daughter is calling from all of this boys family members phones. His name is kyron donavon(she first started calling and texting her friends from his number even gave the undercover kid his number to contact her), when she first called me 8/29 she called from jossette donavon phone blocked but her name still showed up, lastly she called me 8/30 and 9/1 from tamara donavon. With all that being said wouldn't you think she is with his family? I have given the police all this information what is the hold up. It's in their faces who has her. I even called the number back and told the woman myself who i was and that my daughter was 14 and a runaway. i guess my biggest question is why my daughter isn't home and why are those people still able to rome around like they are not breaking the law (harboring a runaway).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)