Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting my tubes tie... opinions plz

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 358 Total Views
1 mom liked this

i'm 27yrs single mom too two amazing boys my oldest is 11 and youngest is 4. I decided i'm getting my tubes tie i feel like i cant go thru having an other child. i'm not too much of a chil person I dont mind kids but i'm not great witht them and i think two is good specially with the fact that sometimes things dont work out and we end up in situations where we slip up and then the costudy and all extra stuff begings . i'm having second thoughts about it because i had made a promise that i wasnt going to do it and becuase i did make that promise i'm scare that if i do it something might go wrong. Idk i need opinions..

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
sweetmom162
by on Oct. 18, 2012 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think as long as you feel in your heart that two is enoug then go for it. No one knows what you feel on the inside we are all looking from the outside.

Motherof3under4
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

After my fourth child I decided it was time to get my tubes tied.

skybluchick
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:27 PM

honestly if you feel its right for you then go with it who ever u made the promise to should understand that you cant handle another child and if they are a friend/family they will truly understand and support u...but what ever you do decide make sure its what you want not what others want....gl with your dession 

lilmommy3508
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM

if you scared to have your tubes tied and that something will go wrong if you do then don't it go with your gut feeling and you may never know you might change your mind and want to have another child one biggest things that i've learned since being mother is you have make decisions as quick as you can, don't make it by yourself, talk it over with your husband first so you'll know what he thinks and what his opinions are about it and know they're other moms here to help and give you advice 

hanniwrencher
by on Nov. 6, 2012 at 9:57 AM

i got mine tied last year in janurary... it's what was right for us... we already have 5 kids (between us) - 2 together- and 3 - his from 2 previous marriages... for me? it was a health issue... i had a uterine window with my last pregnancy... and the birth control wasn't working... so... yeah, sometimes i wish i could have another one, but, on the other hand, if i did, it would likely kill me and the baby... so getting my tubes tied was the answer...

gavs4boys
by on Nov. 7, 2012 at 8:47 AM

If you truely in your heart want to do it then go for it.  I just had mine done after having my last baby in August and don't regret it at all.

Lorena
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
If you are having second thoughts maybe you can look into a longer term birth control. I decidef after 4 I would get it done not because I didn't want anymore kids but I too made a promise to myself and my last almost killed me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dkrmlr
by on Nov. 13, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I've had it and If I could go back I wouldn't do it again. Not only is it not 100% effective, it's also a high risk of ectopic pregnancy and in my case a lose in feeling below the waist. I also found that even though I thought I was ready to give that up that I was in fact not ready and wished my husband had got cut instead. In the end you have to do what's best for you but I just wouldn't do it again.

ANNIE0626
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM

HI I THINK THAT YOU ARE STILL YOUNG TO MAKE THAT DESICION.EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE TWO KIDS,YOU ARE NOT MARRIED YET AND WHEN YOU DO FIND THAT GREAT GUY                                         (YOUR SOUL MATE YOU MAY WANT TO GIVE HIM A CHILD AND IF YOU GET TIED YOU WONT BE ABLE TO)I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY SOME OTHER OPTION LIKE LONG TERM BIRTH CONTROL UNTIL YOU FOR SURE KNOW YOU ARE READY.I HAD MINE TIED AFTER MY FOURTH BUT BECAUSE MY HUBBY AND I KNEW THAT WE DIDNT WANT ANYMORE KIDS.ITS SOMETHING YOU REALLY GOTTA THINK ABOUT AND WEIGH OUT YOUR OPTIONS.GOOD LUCK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN