Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heart palpitations?

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

Does anyone here know what causes heart palpitations? I do not have a heart condition nor do I have high blood pressure that I know of. I get heart palpitations every now and then and it seems to come in bouts. Like I don't get them for years, and then I might have them every day for a month or 2 and they disappear again. I also get them almost constantly when I'm pregnant, with no high blood pressure. Right now I've been going through one of the bouts of them. I've been having them for nearly 10 days straight, and it all stemmed from I began working out again, and I had 1 cup of coffee at the mall 2 days before Christmas. I don't drink caffeine and usually don't have a problem with it, but this past week it seems to have spurred all of this. Certain people can get me to relax enough for them to stop, but none of them are around right now. Help? Advice? Please...

Ok, edit: I get the heart palpitations, it can be up to every day for a few months, to the point of being dizzy and needing to lay down the entire day to keep them under control and to not faint. Sorry I didn't specify, but I feel this is pretty serious and not just "something ALL women get"

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Pink.Frosting
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Honestly sometimes I think it's simply a part of being female.  Most women I know deal with them from time to time.

Sharbear42371
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:43 AM

you need to share this with your dr.

I get this and mine is from anxiety.  Some call it panic attacks.

no rhyme or reason to them sometimes.

karlamousse4
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Yup, mine are from anxiety. Ha ha, palpitations then make the anxiety worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)