Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

torn custody situation..need some input!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 212 Total Views

Ok mommas` need some advice!

long story short..I have 2 wonderful daughters with a man (adam) that I have been back inforth to court for 4 years now.  His parenting is not great and him and his finance have caused so much problems for me that I had to get a P.P.O against him.  He used to get the girls 2 days one week and 4 days the next, but since alot has happened the judge ordered him to only everyother wed and weekend.

The last time we went to court the judge ordered us to see a theripist to try to make things right for the girls.  which not to add I don't really care for the woman let alone its a 45 min trip every time to go see her and the whole time I'm watching her book her travel trips or talk about the president.

Anyway..  I thought hard and am trying to please everyone involved in this craziness and came up with a plan.  I typed up a professional letter that had 3 choices of times that I came up which I said we split 50/50, no child support which would save him $400/mth.  split tax returns. and drop our therpy along our p.p.o. 

now heres where it throws me off. only thing I'm asking is for him to switch weekends with me.  I would have an oppurtunity to work some weekends but falls under having to switch along with I have another daughter who I want to keep them on

now here's where what confuses me..he has for the last 4 years crys "I want more time.." the girls care less and don't like his girlfriend.  but when I introduced this idea he said NO! so I said ok your loss and choice and I kept things how they are

I'm lost!!! only thing I'm asking is to switch weekends!

heres his story.  him and his girlfriend have a daughter together she has a daughter with someone else, who is engaged to her little sister and there expecting a baby. which would mean her daughter will have her dad and aunt and sister/cousin.  lol.  but he said because that's when her daughter goes to her dads..

should I not be frustrated? 

and I am worried that if this goes back to court and I show the judge the paper I thought we could agree on that he won't say yes he gets half time and no switching weekends...

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tonyanchris
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:15 PM

i read your post. i would be very frustrated if i was you. they way i look at things that he has a child/childrens with you and to make it easier on both of you he needs to switch weekends. everything cant be perfect i understand he has a gf and another child by her but still he was with you first. Let it go back to court and that all you have is that paper and he told you no. theres not muc more on that part. but bring that paper with you

Rosielyn
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I'm sorry that he is making things hard on the girls and you. Hate to say this but I'm glad that I had solo custody of my oldest son didn t have to deal with his drama. but sadly had to deal with stepsons moma drama calls talk to son and his dad telling them both i will pick you up sat then never shows up  . You know who had to make things feel better for son when mom wouldnt show up! Belive me I had my runnings with her faltly telling her she can longer tell him one thing and not follow thruogh she didnt like it but the judge agreed  for this step mom who didnt know crap I guess I knew something hope things work out for you and the girls . Love Rosie

mommy2be402
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks friends..it's been tiff and all I want is just peace and no matter what I do he keeps making things harder. The girls want so bad to be his one and only and it kills me. I just keep hoping one day they'll stand up and say grow up dad or stop whinning..lol.. I can wish, right!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy2be402
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Great idea!! :-) I saved paper too!

Quoting Tonyanchris:

i read your post. i would be very frustrated if i was you. they way i look at things that he has a child/childrens with you and to make it easier on both of you he needs to switch weekends. everything cant be perfect i understand he has a gf and another child by her but still he was with you first. Let it go back to court and that all you have is that paper and he told you no. theres not muc more on that part. but bring that paper with you

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)