Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you make for family meals?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 108 Total Views

I need some extra ideas for all 3 important meals of the day. I need new ideas instead of the same old thing everday. Even if it's not really creative. Crock pot recipes included. Dessert, snacks, whichever. I love cooking & baking but I'm more of a baker just need to spice it up a little bit w/ the family.<3

Please & thank yous.<3

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
txnmomof4
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

If I make mashed potatoes for a side I always make extra. A rotisserie chicken pulled & shredded (or left overs), a bag of frozen veggies and a can ofcream of whatever soup you like all mixed together with the left over mashed potatoes spread on top bake for 30 minutes at 350. My kids LOVE this.

Misserica91
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Thank you! Sounds awesome & really awesome.(:

RigPrincess85
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I made a turkey tonight lol ( they were on sale $0.58/lb at Albertsons this week).

So obviously turkey dinner tonight. From that ill make :

-turkey samiches with onion loaf for a couple lunches
-turkey soup with celery, carrots, onions and rice
-turkey Alfredo

With the leftover mashed potatoes I make potato cakes ( crush up some crackers or bread crumbs , dip the tater party in some beaten eggs, cover with crumbs and bake in the oven instead of frying).

Or you can use them to make shepherds pie

Potato and leek soup - I love it because it tastes creamy without using any cream.

An easy crockpot meal would be chili. I usually brown the beef i use 1.5 lbs with some onions and garlic. Then add two packets of chili seasoning, two big cans of petite diced no salt added tomatoes, one can of tomato sauce, one can of tomato paste, a can of ranch style beans and one of pork and beans and let it simmer for a few hours. (I also add cayenne but we love spicy). I serve this with a bit of shredded cheese and jalapeño cornbread.

You can make chili dogs or chili fries.

Reuben's (we use pastrami) with marble rye, potato salad and coleslaw.

You can do burgers with a packet of ranch dressing mix (it ends up being fattier but it's a nice 'treat')

Turkey and quinoa mini meatloafs

Spaghetti and meat sauce ( I mix beef and chopped leftover chicken or turkey)

Mexican cornbread casserole

Gulasch

Lol if you want any recipes just let me know :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
missbria90
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Baked pork chop and mixed vegetables
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Misserica91
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Oh recipes please! Thank you. (:
Shepards Pie for sure! That's one of my favorites. (:

Quoting RigPrincess85:

I made a turkey tonight lol ( they were on sale $0.58/lb at Albertsons this week).

So obviously turkey dinner tonight. From that ill make :

-turkey samiches with onion loaf for a couple lunches
-turkey soup with celery, carrots, onions and rice
-turkey Alfredo

With the leftover mashed potatoes I make potato cakes ( crush up some crackers or bread crumbs , dip the tater party in some beaten eggs, cover with crumbs and bake in the oven instead of frying).

Or you can use them to make shepherds pie

Potato and leek soup - I love it because it tastes creamy without using any cream.

An easy crockpot meal would be chili. I usually brown the beef i use 1.5 lbs with some onions and garlic. Then add two packets of chili seasoning, two big cans of petite diced no salt added tomatoes, one can of tomato sauce, one can of tomato paste, a can of ranch style beans and one of pork and beans and let it simmer for a few hours. (I also add cayenne but we love spicy). I serve this with a bit of shredded cheese and jalapeño cornbread.

You can make chili dogs or chili fries.

Reuben's (we use pastrami) with marble rye, potato salad and coleslaw.

You can do burgers with a packet of ranch dressing mix (it ends up being fattier but it's a nice 'treat')

Turkey and quinoa mini meatloafs

Spaghetti and meat sauce ( I mix beef and chopped leftover chicken or turkey)

Mexican cornbread casserole

Gulasch

Lol if you want any recipes just let me know :)

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I love cooking and sometimes I bake,I tend to stick to easy meals for dinners,for breakfast & lunch I mainly do bowls of cereal,sandwhices etc,my children are only home for breakfast & dinner anyways,on the weekends I have done the whole 9 yards,pancakes,bacon,fruit,I do that maybe once a month,it's fun....

For Dinners

-------------

Spaghetti,Angel Hair,Fettucini,Penne,all with different sauces,not all at the same time obviously

Baked Fish'

Steak

Salad

Cut up Veggies

Baked Chicken

Fried Chicken

Hot Dogs

Hamburgers

Chicken Nuggets

Mashed Potates

Pizza

Home Made Chow Mein

Fried Rice

Roce & Eggs

Tacos

Fajitas

Breakfast Burritos

I am planning on investing in a crock pot when I can I have seen some pretty wonderful recipies that I would love to try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN