Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what is he doing??

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 374 Total Views

My youngest has started shaking his head back and forth , like he's saying no, only his eyes are rolled up when he's doing this. I though it was just a new thing he figured out how to do, but he'l be in the middle of eating or crawling around and stop and his head starts shaking, if he's crawling he'll fall right after...this makes me glad he hasnt started standing yet. Should I be worried?

by on Mar. 3, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ms_aleah
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Call your pediatrician.  They will decide if its something worth being seen for.  They will probably say its involuntary as some "new movements" are as kids first learn them or will have you keep a log of when it is done.  Just call ... it will ease your mind a bit. 

Laureno83
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I would definitely have it checked. A couple a years ago they tested my oldest son for seizures. Apparently there are a type of seizure that kids can have and you don't even know its happening. It has more to do with the eyes and is sort of an internal one. It's been a while and I don't want to give you incorrect information. It could be nothing but it is always better to be safe them sorry. Good luck!

Jessibear2010
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM
1 mom liked this

so he has a referral to the neurologist.  IDK when but it is out there and just needing scheduled. 

lidibolton
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:12 PM
It never hurts to double check with ur dr. Not sure what it could be to b honest. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rayroe2
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 3:13 PM
My dd would freak me out with that....she is smart little yhing..I think she would do it when she got over whelmed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janet116
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM
If you have real concerns , get to good doctor . Now .
ms_aleah
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:12 AM

if can find one go to one that specializes in pediatrics .. usually they are in children's hospitals or university clinics/hospitals.

Jessibear2010
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

His neuo appt is in 15 minutes  his dad is takeing him with the story I wrote out for him :P:P  awsome daddy :D:D  I gotta work in a half an hour so I couldnt go :(  but as soon as I know something I will post :D thank you all :D:D:D 

it is a pediatric neurologist, and the nurse told me if they find even a hint of anything he's going to the childrens hospital about 3 hours away from there...so 4 hours from me

Baby5232011
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 4:06 AM

my son kinda does that he just likes being dizzy now that he can walk he spins in circles all the time. hopefully its just your sweet baby being silly :)

Jessibear2010
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM

so, w re now waiting on the EEG to be scheduled....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN