Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newcomer just saying hello and wanting to hear your experiences!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 119 Total Views

Hello, ladies.  My name is Jessica, and I am a 30 year old single mother of 3.  I am due to have a full hysterectomy on April 18th.  It is an elective surgery, as I have suffered for years with extremely heavy bleeding during my cycle, along with cramps that feel like labor pains and endometriosis.  I am reading some pretty scary stuff about women who undergo this procedure before the age of 50.. actually I am reading some pretty scary stuff all the way around.  I guess I am mainly looking for women around my age who have had hysterectomies so I can get some straightforward answers.  My main concerns are the increased risk of hardening of the cartoid artery, failing ovaries(they are only taking my uterus and cervix), changes in sex drive and ability to climax.  I look forward to talking with you ladies and getting to know you all better.  Any input is most welcome.  Thank you! <3

by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
janet116
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a partial hyst in my 20's after having 2 babies . The early side effect was psychological , depression at not being able to have more chidren , an awful empty feeling , not being a real woman . I got over it with some professional counselling and support from my husband , within six months . But, over 10 years later , I still have crying jags occasionally over the babies i never had and the ' empty womb' syndrome .

I am now well into my 30's , my sex drive is as strong as it has ever been if not more so , i am very orgasmic and my ovaries are fine , rather enlarged but nothing pathological. So disregard the info you have been given though if you get depressed post surgery , you will experience sex drive loss .

One blessing is no more pads and tampons though you will still be conscious of a monthly cycle as you still have functioning ovaries .

You are welcome to message me .

Janet .
mood_poisoning
by on Mar. 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Thank you for your reply, janet116.  You have definitely put my mind at ease.  Thank you for the offer of messaging you.  I am going to take you up on it! (hugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN