Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help me i really need advice on this one!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 177 Total Views

Poll

Question: What would you do in this situation?

Options:

Let her see the kids for the kids sake.

Keep the kids from her because of how she has treated me.

Unsure/ On the fence??

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 3

View Results

Me and my mom (step mother) have recently had a falling out.  We have never had a good relationship but have always tried to get along for the sake of my kids.  She is the only grandmother they have a relationship with and they love her so much.  Long story short this last time we got into it we both said somethings that hurt the other about things that happened in the past and I no longer have the desire to associate with her.  But on the other hand my 5 year old and 3 year old constantly ask about their mimi and when they are going to get to see her.  My husband is fed up with her as well.  She keeps acting as if nothing happened, and it makes me feel like it invalidates anything I experienced in the past and that what I am feeling and how I told her I felt does not matter.  Long story short just because I no longer want to associate with her or have a relationship with her, does that mean that I cant let her see the kids?  I dont want to use them as a form of punishment to her because my real mom and dad did the same with me and my siblings as kids and it made us more miserable than them.  I really dont know what to do Im stuck in between a rock and a hard place on this one because it is not just about me.  But I dont want her to think that by me still letting her see them and keep them from time to time that I am ok with how she has treated me.  What would you do in a situation like this?  My husband does not want her to see the kids but understands how I feel and what type of situation it puts me in, ultimately he said it is my decision.  I am so stressed out over this and to top it off I have another little girl due in about 5 weeks that she will not even get to have a relationship with.  I dont know why I am feeling sorry for her, or maybe it is me feeling sorry for the kids because it is their only grandma?  Please Help Me?  I need some good advice.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
rocrobin90
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I dont knw what tell u. I had a fallen out with 90% of my family and they are not allowed to see my kids. My oldest is almost 3 and my youngest is 7 months. Im bout to have a fallen out with my younger brother but if i do that then i cant see my 3 month old nephew. My almost 3 year old loves his uncle but he never asks bout uncle jay. Sorry I cant be helpful. Good Luck to u

thorntonwife
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Tell her you will let her see your kids but that in no way means you're ok with her actions.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)