Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a fresh perspective

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2014 at 3:01 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 330 Total Views
I'm desperate for a dress perspective. I refuse to stay down. A little background: I was a hardworking, mom and wife. The public schools in our neighborhood are not great so we sacrificed to send our children to public school. My husband was laid off, so I stepped up at work and applied for a promotion. We went through our savings in no time because my husband's odd jobs didn't pay enough. I forged ahead, earned more and applied all of my bonuses at work to tuition and bills. I didn't know my husband spent his IRA savings until tax time the next year when my return was null and void to pay the penalties. Although I was hurt he didn't consult me first, we moved past it and I took on the primary financial responsibilities for years while we waited for his income to recover.
Fast forward, through his bouts of his ego suffering and a few selfish indiscretions. The stress at work and verbal abuse at home begin to take their toll on me. After various physical ailments and treatment, I was diagnosed with major depression. I was hospitalized for a week, then went through months of treatment while on disability. Upon my return to work, my entire team was laid off excluding me. My job wanted to change my work location resulting in a 3hr commute each way, so I had to decide work, or my health. I accepted a severance and decided to take a year to regroup, get healthy, and focus on my kids. Hubby was now making more money but refused to take over the major financial responsibilities after agreeing I should accept the package. Once my severance and unemployment ran out, he decided he didn't want to pay the mortgage so now we are facing a short sale. My oldest is in college, and the little one is in a sub par public school. I've been unable to find salaried work for over a year. So I took the state real estate exam to try and make money. The problem is, I still need a salary, and the gap in employment and lack of degree aren't helping me get interviews even though I have 15 years of Manegerial experience. My marriage is in the toilet and I'm fighting to get back up. I could use some advice
by on Oct. 28, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)