Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

her baby died and mine lived

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2008 at 5:04 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 248 Total Views
my very close friend and I were due only 5 months apart and we were sooo excited.  We are neighbors too so we had lots of plans for our 2 little girls to grow up toghether.  My girl was 5 monts old when she finally went into labor and when she arrived at the hospital there was no heartbeat.  to say the least it has been devastating.  My girl is now 14 months old and my friend is trying to concieve her next baby and has had no luck in the last 3 months.  its becoming harder and harder on her and I am at a loss.  I know she loves my girls but she also can barley look at them somtimes.  I want to help her but dont know what to say, every time she gets her period she locks herself in the house and crys, does anyone else have experience with this?
by on Jul. 19, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Tkgiggles1
by on Jul. 19, 2008 at 5:37 PM
My sister and brother in law lost their baby at 22 weeks... All I could do was tell them I loved them. 

I'm so sorry for you and your friend.
coolcat26
by on Jul. 19, 2008 at 6:33 PM
My df's ex had a friend who had a baby like 2 months before she did.  Well the friend and the baby got into a car accident and the baby died.  When the ex had HER baby she named him the SAME thing as the baby that died.  It was in honor of the child but I personally think that was just plain AWFUL of her.  So now everytime she gets together with that friend the poor woman has to see what HER child would be like if he were still alive and the same name. 
I can't imagine what your friend is going through BUT I AM sure that she needs you and your support.  I also think she probably needs some counseling but someone is going to have to help her get that.  She needs someone to listen to her cry and she needs a person to help her out.  Might as well be you! So do what you can for her!
Sara1185
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 10:30 PM

my aunt and I were both pregnant at the same time 2 years ago, i had a miscarriage - she had her baby, a year ago we were both pregnant again, and this time WE BOTH HAD BABIES! I was so relieved not to lose this baby again, it is so awful to lose a baby..............sometimes i look at her oldest boy and think, hmmm i should have a babe that age now too, but i know it wasnt meant to be, i think its only something time and life experiences can heal.

@*!$~* Skyla 4 Months old *~!$*@

ladyhotrod
by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 3:21 AM

My BFF lost her three month old awhile back and I never know what to say.....everyone else makes me soo mad when they say crap like i am so sorry i know what you must be feeling....WTF I have never said that and never will I do not know what she feels nor do I want to know that pain...She has three others but a loss is a loss...al I can offer her is a shoulder and a pair of ears.....

finexasxsilk
by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 5:50 PM

i lost my 2 month old in april i been trying to get pregnant again for a while now too. i lock myself in house cause of depression. but if i get a period i feel just awful an my bf does too. so im in the same boat. my lil sister is preg an im so jealous i want to get preg asap so we can have our babies close but shes already like 10 wks. or so. so im far behind. i actually just started bleeding again today. being that i just had a baby 5 months ago im having a hard time judging my menstrual cause i really been bleeding just about this whole time. so now that i stopped a few times an started again w in days i dont no how to calculate ovulation.i hope the best for ur friend. i no wat she feels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)