Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Need Advice? Post Here !

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM
  • 816 Replies
  • 51205 Total Views

After reading all the posts on here, I figured this would be a good topic for you to post your need for advice.

Jbugsbabydawl - http://www.cafemom.com/group/chat247

by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saiyangirl22
by on Jul. 23, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Thanks, all I can think of is math math math. Trying to get my GED and math sucks. It`s all I have left and I cant do it. grrr.

flores485
by on Jul. 24, 2008 at 2:32 AM

embarrassedHEY I NEED  ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!REALLY BAD WELL .....IM TANIA , IM 17,MY BABY IS ADRIAN HI S 11 MON....AFTER MY BABYS DAD I KIND OF DATED THIS GUY BUT IT COULDNT GET TO ANYTHING SERAOUS.....HIS FAMILY WOULD OF NEVER BY NEVER APPROVE.....TAKING CARE OF SOMEONE ELSE BABY HAS NEVER BEEEN SEEN IN HIS FAMILY....WELL AND HE IS ALSO GOING TO THE MARIENS....HIS LEVING IN LESS THAN A MONTH .....I REALLY DONT NO WAHT TO DO WITH HIM CUZ I NO THAT CARES ABOUT ME IS JUST THAT HIS NOT READY FOR THIS.....ALSO  I VE SEEN COMMENTS ON HIS MYSPACE....THIS GRIL WRITES TO HIM N HE DOES TO ......THERES TIMES WHEN I JUST DONT WHAT TO TALK TO HIM SO I WOULDNT GET HURT......BUT THE TIMES WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER IS THE BEST I LIKE SPENDING TIME WITH HIM......AL SO MY BABYS DAD WHAT ME BACK SO BAD HE SAD HE HAD NO LIFE....THAT HE CAME HOME N THERE WAS NOTHING TO COME HOME FOR .....OH I LIFE WITH MY SIS.....SHE IS REAALY GOOD SHES LIKE MY MOM.....WELL HE WANT TO NO IF ME AND HIM IS GOING TO HAPPPEN....THAT HE NEED TO NOW ..SO HE COULD DO SOMETHING AND NOT WAIST HIS TIME .....YEAH OK....!WELL MY PLAN WAS OK UR IN A PLACE WERE UR FINE....STAY....GO BACK TO SCHOOL...WORK ....AND I DONT HAVE TO GIVE ANY EXPLANATIONS TO ANYONE......AND HAVE FUN BEE ME .....WITH MY BABY .....EVEN MY SISTER SAID SHELL HELP ME PAY FOR COLLEGE.......U NO I HAVE MORE OPPOR....IN ONE ANY I THER OTHER NOT SO MUCH CUZ I WOULD REALLY WORK FULL TIME AND STILL WORIE IN TRYING TO BE A WIFE.....(")...LOL....WE AND ABOUT MY LOVE I JUST WANTED TO WAIT FOR HIM......AND SE HAOW THINGS ARE WHEN HE COME BACK FROME BOOT CAMP....I DONT NOW PLZ HELP....!

Chera_Bear
by on Jul. 25, 2008 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I was in the same situation at 17 , I got pregnant with my oldest daughter at 17 and it was good, I had my second at 19, I was with there Dad for 5 years and i thought it was great but it wasn't , he would talk to other women as well as date them, I didn't know any of this at the time but I do now...My ex hasn't seen or talked to his daughter's in 3 years ... It took me awhile to move on I had a friend that I would vent to online who at the time had a thing for me that I didn't know of..... To keep the story short I ended up marring my friend online and having my two other daughter's we have been married for 4 years, 5 this April and I love it.... I went Thur all the drama with my ex he would love me and his kids on his time! Now that I'm older i know it wasn't love it was lust and I just wanted it to work so bad I put my girl's in hell..... So take this time to find yourself and build a family with your baby, then I would deiced if it's all really worth it, I always ask my self could I see my life with out this person, as well is this a good environment for my children... Good luck and I hope this helps a little.hugs

MistyGrl
by on Jul. 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting flores485:

embarrassedHEY I NEED ADVICE !!!!!!!!!!!!REALLY BAD WELL .....IM TANIA , IM 17,MY BABY IS ADRIAN HI S 11 MON....AFTER MY BABYS DAD I KIND OF DATED THIS GUY BUT IT COULDNT GET TO ANYTHING SERAOUS.....HIS FAMILY WOULD OF NEVER BY NEVER APPROVE.....TAKING CARE OF SOMEONE ELSE BABY HAS NEVER BEEEN SEEN IN HIS FAMILY....WELL AND HE IS ALSO GOING TO THE MARIENS....HIS LEVING IN LESS THAN A MONTH .....I REALLY DONT NO WAHT TO DO WITH HIM CUZ I NO THAT CARES ABOUT ME IS JUST THAT HIS NOT READY FOR THIS.....ALSO I VE SEEN COMMENTS ON HIS MYSPACE....THIS GRIL WRITES TO HIM N HE DOES TO ......THERES TIMES WHEN I JUST DONT WHAT TO TALK TO HIM SO I WOULDNT GET HURT......BUT THE TIMES WHEN WE ARE TOGETHER IS THE BEST I LIKE SPENDING TIME WITH HIM......AL SO MY BABYS DAD WHAT ME BACK SO BAD HE SAD HE HAD NO LIFE....THAT HE CAME HOME N THERE WAS NOTHING TO COME HOME FOR .....OH I LIFE WITH MY SIS.....SHE IS REAALY GOOD SHES LIKE MY MOM.....WELL HE WANT TO NO IF ME AND HIM IS GOING TO HAPPPEN....THAT HE NEED TO NOW ..SO HE COULD DO SOMETHING AND NOT WAIST HIS TIME .....YEAH OK....!WELL MY PLAN WAS OK UR IN A PLACE WERE UR FINE....STAY....GO BACK TO SCHOOL...WORK ....AND I DONT HAVE TO GIVE ANY EXPLANATIONS TO ANYONE......AND HAVE FUN BEE ME .....WITH MY BABY .....EVEN MY SISTER SAID SHELL HELP ME PAY FOR COLLEGE.......U NO I HAVE MORE OPPOR....IN ONE ANY I THER OTHER NOT SO MUCH CUZ I WOULD REALLY WORK FULL TIME AND STILL WORIE IN TRYING TO BE A WIFE.....(")...LOL....WE AND ABOUT MY LOVE I JUST WANTED TO WAIT FOR HIM......AND SE HAOW THINGS ARE WHEN HE COME BACK FROME BOOT CAMP....I DONT NOW PLZ HELP....!

You need to think long and hard about what you want. It's important baby's father stay in his life but that doesn't mean you need to commit yourself to him forever to achieve that. You need to figure out what you want. It seems to me guy #2 is still kinda searching the market. I think I would try to distance myself from him a little bit...and if he asks why tell him it's because he's not ready to settle down and you are.. not necessarily marriage but at least a 1 person commitment. It's tough being a single parent on the dating seen...even tougher when you're a teenage mom. But, there are men who can look beyond the obvious and fall in love with YOU..give yourself time.. do some soul searching some heavy duty thinking about what you want..what you need in a partner. Don't settle for less.

*hugs*
Darlene

Join me on treasure trooper. I've made over $700.00 in 2 months! Payment by check or paypal!

sondra123
by on Aug. 6, 2008 at 7:11 AM

I need some advice. I have twin boys with a man I chose to marry . He has two girls 11,13 yrs old. We have the girls almost half time. I work full time and my husband is unemployed. Long story short - my husband can be lazy and a jerk at times. He barely contributes any money and his girls are always coming to me for stuff. I work full-time night shift and the rest of the time after sleeping I take care of the boys. My husband laziness and the girl's neediness is making me crazy. Sometimes more than not I just want them to leave or I leave and go to the park with the babies. My husband says I am separating the kids but he never wants to do anything and I am not taking 4 kids anymore.  Any advice how to make this easier? I feel bad because the girls are seeing me at my worst.

nlg1117
by on Aug. 10, 2008 at 11:42 AM
4 moms liked this

Honey, i am 20 yrs old. and i also have a 17 month old. Im taking college classes next moth. I think you need to get away from the guys and start worrying about yourself and you child, your son should be the main priority in your life. not who you are dating..Get you priorities straight! go to college so you can have a good job to take care of you and your son. im not being mean..its tough love and everyone needs it!

msjones23
by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!Hi I am a parent of a beautiful little boy! I have a problem with my brother n law and his wife! well when I found out I was pregnant i told everyone and well to find out that his brother wife had an abortion about a year ago and well my husbands family was very supportive and happy for us, with her not so much. She did everything to try to hurt us and when the baby was born my husband brother didnt come to the hospital til his grandma told him to and he brought her , she didnt even come in to see the baby. After this down the years til now me and her have not gotten along well, and her husband isnt active with our son until his wife feels like it. Not to mention while I was pregnant she tried to fight me twice and tried to spread nasty things about to his grandma which failed. I guess my question is am I worng for being uncomfortable with them taking my son out for awhile? They try to go through my husband to see my son, and try to leave me out , were do I make a stand ? I am his mother and I feel that if I am hs mother and they want to spend time with him , then they have to talk with me as well as my husband . I feel like if they arent comfortable and cant stand me that much, how do they expect me to feel comfortable with them taking my child, exspecially what I know SHE is capable of!!!! What to do!!!!!HELP ME!!! They dont understand they think they can have a relationship with my son and not have me invloved. Hes only three. They broke that trust and they think that they dont have to have they trust back.

rachylloveseric
by on Aug. 12, 2008 at 8:20 PM

heartburn in the middle of the night.... how do you make it stop!

and I randomly get it during the day even if I dont eat for hours!

jsarah
by on Aug. 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM

Eat some tums before bed, and have a glass of milk...that's what did it for me :D

Quoting rachylloveseric:

heartburn in the middle of the night.... how do you make it stop!

and I randomly get it during the day even if I dont eat for hours!

farm_mom
by on Aug. 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Stick your ground.  It is your son.  You are his protector.  Just like with my hubbies daughter.  She doesn't want to see her dad anymore.  She is almost 22.  This has been going on for a year now.  I told her she is not allowed to see my son.  I don't know what she would do or say to him.  I dont know who she would have around him.  She said thats what I was afraid of.  I was like too bad.  And hubbies family(brothers and sisters in law) all agree with me.  Take care of you son and don't let him be in a bad situation.  He doesn't need it.  You never know what they would do or say to him to make him turn against you.  You know?  I hope that helps. 

Quoting msjones23:

HELP ME SOMEONE PLEASE!!!!Hi I am a parent of a beautiful little boy! I have a problem with my brother n law and his wife! well when I found out I was pregnant i told everyone and well to find out that his brother wife had an abortion about a year ago and well my husbands family was very supportive and happy for us, with her not so much. She did everything to try to hurt us and when the baby was born my husband brother didnt come to the hospital til his grandma told him to and he brought her , she didnt even come in to see the baby. After this down the years til now me and her have not gotten along well, and her husband isnt active with our son until his wife feels like it. Not to mention while I was pregnant she tried to fight me twice and tried to spread nasty things about to his grandma which failed. I guess my question is am I worng for being uncomfortable with them taking my son out for awhile? They try to go through my husband to see my son, and try to leave me out , were do I make a stand ? I am his mother and I feel that if I am hs mother and they want to spend time with him , then they have to talk with me as well as my husband . I feel like if they arent comfortable and cant stand me that much, how do they expect me to feel comfortable with them taking my child, exspecially what I know SHE is capable of!!!! What to do!!!!!HELP ME!!! They dont understand they think they can have a relationship with my son and not have me invloved. Hes only three. They broke that trust and they think that they dont have to have they trust back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)