Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do moms think about Sara Palins Speech?

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 115 Total Views

THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS:

In a half an hour speech this woman tore apart everything I have stood for and fought for in my adult lifetime. She brought out her child with special needs and used him for a political benefit, shame on you Sarah Palin for making special needs a gimmick for a sympathy vote.
If you think parading them out for a photo op is the answer to making a difference in their lives but not giving them health care benefits is going to work, double shame on you!

Imagine if she had been a Democratic nominee who returned to work only 3 days after her baby was born? The roar of disapproval would have been deafening. I challenge Palin’s decision to go back to work THREE days after her baby was born, particularly considering the unique needs of her 5th child. How is that putting family first? How is she the poster girl for “family values?” I suspect I am like other mothers who wonder about this decision.

Now, it’s revealed that she is about to be a grandmother at the ripe old age of 44. Again, imagine if a Democratic nominee was mother of a 17 year old daughter who was pregnant out of wedlock. I’m sure we would have heard that this would be expected of a Democrat because Democrats have no moral values. Now, she’s thrust this young woman out in the world for all to see. Apparently, Palin sees nothing wrong with this. As a mother, I can’t imagine subjecting my own child to this type of publicity, no matter how ambitious I may be.

What concerns me is the hypocrisy of it all. As long as you say you are pro family values, it doesn’t matter if you actually live them. McCain cheated on his first wife. Palin put her career first. I don’t mind a woman putting career first. But, many women of my generation realized we couldn’t have it all. We made sacrifices. I have women friends who have law and business degrees who gave up big careers and money for the sake of their children. Of course, there are many who did not and balance both with grace. But it bothers me that here her family is clearly in crisis and she’s running for vice president. Even Colin Powell chose to pass up on a larger political life for the sake of his family because he feared the intense scrutiny (see, men do have to answer this question too!).
We all make mistakes, we are not perfect, but then you can’t pretend to be the standard bearer of that message!

by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
AbyssShadows
by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I agree 100%!!! thank you so much for posting this...unfortunately its going to get bashed and locked up most likely but its good to know that someone feels the same way I do about this Palin woman.  I personally dont think that she has a CLUE of what the hell she is doing...but thats my opinion.

MammaCarino
by on Sep. 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Quoting AbyssShadows:

I agree 100%!!! thank you so much for posting this...unfortunately its going to get bashed and locked up most likely but its good to know that someone feels the same way I do about this Palin woman.  I personally dont think that she has a CLUE of what the hell she is doing...but thats my opinion.

Do you think so? Why should it get locked up? I didn't even mention her enviormental record, her love to kill living things etc.

I just wanted to talk about the mom factor...

lilone292
by on Sep. 6, 2008 at 2:53 AM

I agree 100% She should really re-evaluate her decisions! Shame on her!

Juliek1957
by on Sep. 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM

Wow! You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!!!!! I totally agree with you.

Great points!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)