Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tennessee

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

hubby and i are going to tenn. in jan. for our anniversary. anyone live near or ever been near gatlinburg in jan.? just wondering what all to do, go places or stay at the cabin???

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ColeyRene
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:36 AM

I've been to Gatlinburg a few times, and I live about 45 minutes from there. Depending on the weather, theres tons to do. You could go horseback riding through the mountains, drive through the Great Smokey Mountains National Park and go hiking in the trails there. Every hike ends with an awesome waterfall. Theres also a whole "tourist"strip in Gatlinburg, with lots of arcades, go-carts, and cool stuff like that. They even have bungee jumping! I did that! I loved it. There are helicopter tours of the mountains, a sky-line thing, where you go wayyyyy up in the air on this thing with a movable track, so you can see everything below you. Hmmm....theres "Dollywood", with lots of stuff going on there....I can keep going! Lol.

ColeyRene
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Oh, and as far as where you could stay, theres tons of hotels, but if you type in "Chalet rentals in Gatlinburg, TN" you'll come up with a bunch of stuff. When we went, we got a awesome Chalet in the mountains with a fireplace, a hot tub, and other stuff.

kodymom17
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I dont know if it would be open because of it being winter or what not but they have a "____ over gatlinburg" I forgot the first word, but it was really neat you sit in a seat (like skiing) and it brings you up to the top of the mountain, the shop at the top is kinda hokey but the scene is amazing

Kody Grant my little ladies man =)

6 Monthspirate

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)