Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am not coming across as I wish to

Posted by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 165 Total Views

I have been working backwards towards accomplishing my dream.  I am trying to rush the end before I begin on the right path to my desitination.  I thank everyone who told me the truth, because I will listen and change my ways. 

I had this experience last night, and I was drawn to this post.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/46763/boards/read/3683065/Achievers_are_believers_they_believe_in_themselves_and_in_life

As I began to read, I realized my great mistake.  I saw that I am not coming across as I wish to.  

I want to start over, and introduce myself as the real person  I am truly.   I am a loving, caring, peaceful, playful person and I need friends to talk to.  It does not matter who I was in the past, or what I did.  All that matters is the future, and what I am going to do to accomplish my goals.   I was shown that I am going in the wrong direction, and I am here to be shown the way back.

When I read number fourteen I was convicted in my spirit, and I was ashamed of myself!  

14. Listen to others, really listen, instead of thinking
what you are going to say next

Think how can I best help the next person.  "You get what you want, by helping other people get what they want."

I know that I have a complex, and the rapid thoughts I experience are not clear to others when I try to throw it all out there for you to decipher.  I need to slow down, and try harder befriending instead of offending. 

I have been throwing post after post at you all, and I am not taking the time to really listen to what is being said.  I am truly sorry!  I just could not wait, and all I was thinking of is what can I say next to make my point................LOL  No wonder I have been stuck in the same position for so long.  It is time for me to reinvent myself, and become a new person. 

Let me introduce myself, my name is Tonisha.  I am a thirty year old mother, struggling to stay married with five boys 11, 9, 4, 22 months, and 5 months old.  I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana and work at the local college library as a Administator Coordinator (I pay the bills LOL).  I love to tell stories, and I dream to oneday be an Author.   I love to help people, and my dream in life is to start many outreach missions to help those in need.

I am grateful to cafemoms, for allowing me the opportunity to meet people that can point me in the right direction so I can grow into the woman I am called to be.   I love you all, and I am glad to have a chance to get to know you!

by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
jbirchard
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 12:44 PM

congratulations on finding your self, good luck in the future.

Godstar
by on Dec. 17, 2008 at 3:48 PM

Quoting jbirchard:

congratulations on finding your self, good luck in the future.

Thank you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)