Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what the heck?

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:15 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 293 Total Views

I was just looking on cm last night and i saw that some people on here still use wet nursesd in america! i was like wth? i know it was big back in the day and in other cultures but nowadays why would you PAY someone to bf your child... dont get me wrong nothing wrong with bfing but if for some reason isnt forumals better then letting your child suck on someone elses tit?? im sorry i just think its really gross even when thety did it a long time ago it was still gross but that was the times.. im not bashing i just think its  a little whacked, plus isnt one of the biggest reasons people bf to get a stronger bond with their child.. i dk about you but i wouldnt want my child to have that bond with someone else... JMHO

im not bashing bfing nor i am trying to turn this into a bf/ ff thing so lets not even go that direction.. imo it doesnt matter how you feed them

there is a BIG Difference between letting someone give your child a bottle and letting your child suck someone elses tit

WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS???

gross and a waste of money imo

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
anetrnlov
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 7:44 AM

If you are smart....you will just delete this because you are going to be eaten alive for your very close minded and incorrect opinion.  Yes you are bashing and if you confused as to why someone would say that....let me know I will provide you the direct quotes.

I have my own issues with wet nursing but to each their own.  It is still better then formula.

Most people wet nurse because they are unable to nurse themselves but they want to provide their child with all the benefits of breast milk.

Most mothers who wet nurses, these days, buy them milk and put it in bottles.  Very few actually have another woman physically breastfeeding their child.

BUT

If the found the person through a reputable facility, made them go through a physical and blood work involving toxin and STD screens what is the problem.

You act as though they are picking strangers up off the street.

As long as their child is being fed....what do you care?

JrsMommy07
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:35 AM

ok why do you fell the need to go into every post and say this i get it! i jsut posted it in more then one gorup to get more opinions. NOT the same perosn commenting over and and over agian go away already

mommyluvsphilip
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I happen to agree with you, it is kinda nasty.  Personally though I don't think there is anything wrong with formula.  I really don't give a poo what other people do with their babies or their tits for that matter.  Frankly I think that too many woman think they know whats best for other women and their babies.  I say if the bottle is right for you use it, if your booby is right for you use it, if someone else's booby is right for you use it....but let them know first--LOL  Wouldn't want to surprise them! 

Everyone please don't go crazy and be mean....state your opinion as an opinion...not a fact.   JrsMommy07 is entitled to have one, and we shouldn't bash her for it.  Oh and don't bash me...I just don't like it---LOL!  Peace Ladies!

anetrnlov
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Hmmm....because I can.  Just as you can post it as much as you want.

Quoting JrsMommy07:

ok why do you fell the need to go into every post and say this i get it! i jsut posted it in more then one gorup to get more opinions. NOT the same perosn commenting over and and over agian go away already

abootie
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:14 AM

I agree with OP. That is pretty gross. My daughter wouldn't latch on and the lactation consultants at the hospital weren't in on a weekend. hmmm... So i basically got no help with the issue. I pumped for 2 weeks, but then I wasn't getting enough milk, so I started her on formula. She is perfectly healthy except for her having eczema which was completely out of my control. She had it since she was born. So I don't see why people think one is better than the other. But back to the subject, I would never do that. *shudders* uhhh....

kenchelsey
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 11:45 AM

Just my opinion, my littlest one is terminal and when she was little she wouldn latch on to me, because my nipples were invereted, she was on a bottle and special formula...... Her nutrisionist and Dr"s, thought it would be a good idea to try breast milk for her due to her being so sick, and throwing up all the different types of formula...... so i had a friend that was breast feeding her baby and offered to breastfeed my daughter for me once to see if the milk would agree with her, WOW did it...... so she pumped bottles forme to feed to my baby..... I think it all depends on the situation. you can bash me all you want, but with my daughter dyeing i was going to try anything....

jbirchard
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 12:57 PM

that is amazing, wow. im glad you have someone like her in your life, and of course your daughter.im sure noone will bash you for this, this is a beautiful story. for dramas sake, im going to say to each their own, only a mother knows whats best for their child.

Quoting kenchelsey:

Just my opinion, my littlest one is terminal and when she was little she wouldn latch on to me, because my nipples were invereted, she was on a bottle and special formula...... Her nutrisionist and Dr"s, thought it would be a good idea to try breast milk for her due to her being so sick, and throwing up all the different types of formula...... so i had a friend that was breast feeding her baby and offered to breastfeed my daughter for me once to see if the milk would agree with her, WOW did it...... so she pumped bottles forme to feed to my baby..... I think it all depends on the situation. you can bash me all you want, but with my daughter dyeing i was going to try anything....

1hotmama7
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:06 PM

im not bashing and i hope i dont get bashed

i have a 1 wk old and haven a very hard time bf,  she wont latch on very good,  so i have to use formula also.

haven some one else  give my baby breast milk scares me,    even with blood work and all,    what if they did have something,   not everything shows up right away,  like aids...   what if the person who is bf your child  just  sleep with some one who had it   you wouldnt knw for a while.  and than your child gets it... that whole thought just scares me......

but i am all for bf.        jmo sry

foxy_prochoice
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I have a kinda different story my son was around 6 weeks old I had been breastfeeding and doing good at I had a really good pump and all, I went to a super bowl get together with some friends well a friend of ours aunt was there and I guess a couple of years ago she was pregnant and her babies daddy hurt her in turn killed the baby at like 30 weeks Its sad! well this lady was drunk and hep c and whips out her boob and trys to BF my child which is not hungry cuz I just fed him. I was not happy one bit, but I feel that if your child needs it and you trust the person then why not! I do think letting someone else child nurse on  your boob it a little gross but it your fine with it who should care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)