Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

My son just turned 2 in december and he is showing signs of being ready to use the training potty. He doesnt like having his diaper on weather its dirty or clean. He actually likes sitting on the potty and knows what it is and where its at. My problem is that when he does sit on the training potty he doesnt go. I sit him on there a couple of times a day and for a good while but nothing. I want to know am i doing this to soon or should i just keep it going. I want to hopefully get it taken care of before my second one comes so i dont have to be buying diapers for both.......What do ya'll think

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker  Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
paganpiratemama
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:27 PM

It sounds to me like he's ready. Just keep putting him on there all day long. He'll get it eventually lol Make sure you put him on there when you change his diaper so he associates the poop and pee with the potty.

SavannahsMom709
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:42 PM

SOUNDS READY TO ME. WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IS HAVE HIM GO TO THE POTTY EACH TIME YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND DO. THIS IS WHAT I DID WITH MY DAUGHTER AND SHE CAUGHT ON IN LIKE A MONTH. GOOD LUCK!

southernjess
by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 4:44 PM

would have to agre with the previous replys good luck

Mommy to Torrey Micah 9-20-07baby girl

Wife-to be to Caleb 9-29-06in love

westocean2
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 5:30 AM

My second child did pretty good with this so it might work.  My son would pee a lot so I would actually take him to the bathroom every 45 minutes and make him go to the potty.  Sometimes he would go and sometimes he wouldn't but we went anyways.  I think he had it down in just a couple of weeks.  I didn't even have to use training pants with him, he got it that fast. I didn't even finish the last pack of diapers I bought.  But that's okay because that was our goal to have him potty trained by the time that box was gone. Well Good Luck!

newmommy6
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Well, this may sound crazy, but hear me out! I have been a Toddler Teacher for 9 years and it has been my job to potty train them before moving on to preschool. The children I teach are 2-3 years old. First off, the further they get from 2 the harder they will be to train because it will turn into a control issue-gotta love 2.5 year olds! So the sooner the better! After reading your post he souds totally ready. Here is what I tell my parents and 98% of the time the children are potty trained within a week or two! Basically, out them in undies and DO NOT LOOK BACK!!! Place nderwear on him from the minute he wakes in the morning until he goes down for nap and then from the moment he is done napping until bed time. Diapers during nap and bed are ok. This elimates any and all confusion, as every time he pees he will get wet and quickly figure out how to avoid such situations! It may take a few laods of laudry, but I swear this is the quickest way I have ever seen! Good luck! You can email me at lcnicklason@yahoo.com if you have more questions!

workin_mamma
by on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:47 PM

i worked in a daycare with 2 yr olds and almost all of them were potty training, so just keep with it, he will get it. my little guy isnt no where near potty training but hates it when he is wet or dirty ( he is only 8 months) but good luck with it, hope he gets the hang of it soon :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)