Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

About my 2 oldest children,..

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 162 Total Views

Ok, my two oldest little girls (4 yrs, and 2 yrs) and they absolutely will not listen to my hubby (their step-dad).  They are actually starting not to listen to me.  I don't know what to do anymore.  They have alsways been really good, but here lately it is going downhill fast.  We can whoop them, stand them in the corner, make them go to bed, etc. but it does no good.  What should I do?

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
foxy_prochoice
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:17 PM

I would find their fav. toy and tell them when they can start listening they may have it back. try different things your bound to find something they don't like and will start listening.

am a young mother to a happy vaccinated 5 year boy who has been circumcised, I am pro-choice to the max its my body ,my choice, my life.
I am a mccain voter, non-obama supporter its not about race, it about personal beliefs. I am a working mother that wants to be a stay at home mom.
I am not married, but living with a great man that one day will be my Husband. I beleve in god, and nothing less. Don't judge unless your willing to be judged.
thebestbrianne
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Do they have contact with their father? Exes have a way of playing with kids minds. I would talk to them, your oldest anyway, and try to find out whats going on. It could be that your 4 year old has just reached that phase and that the little one is copying her big sis. Best of luck

Join me at Non-Religious Mommies!

It's ok to be open-minded!

jennifer127
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Maria (my oldest) goes to her daddy's every other weekend. So, she has contact, and me and him really don't like each other, just like me and his wife don't like each other. And he doesn't like my husband either.  Haylie's daddy on the other hand is in prison, so she doesn't have contact with him.

Quoting thebestbrianne:

Do they have contact with their father? Exes have a way of playing with kids minds. I would talk to them, your oldest anyway, and try to find out whats going on. It could be that your 4 year old has just reached that phase and that the little one is copying her big sis. Best of luck

faithandgraces
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM

At one point my son wouldn't listen to me and he had an attitude.  I realized that when I talked to him,  asked him to do something, etc - I tended to say too much, or lectured.  I stArted to talk less - make my point faster when giving instructions, reminding him of our rules, discipining him. And I used to talk loud and Angry.  It didn't work.  I then found that if I approached him - got close and spoke more softly, seriously, and made my point - it was better.  And I also implemented a behavior plan with rewards and losses for misbehavior.  I became a child therapist while raising him.  It worked for me and for my clients.  Also I mAde sure that I had A "date night" with him alone once per week - he felt special and we had fun.  during date night I wouldn't discipline, nag, etc - it was all about fun and being together.    It might no help - but I wanted to post. it.

crazyfox
by on Jan. 22, 2009 at 12:50 AM

This is what i was going to suggest bc it was what i did with my girls at that age...guess i think like a therapist...lol, hope it works for you, it definately worked for me...be patient changes dont happen over night.

Quoting faithandgraces:

At one point my son wouldn't listen to me and he had an attitude.  I realized that when I talked to him,  asked him to do something, etc - I tended to say too much, or lectured.  I stArted to talk less - make my point faster when giving instructions, reminding him of our rules, discipining him. And I used to talk loud and Angry.  It didn't work.  I then found that if I approached him - got close and spoke more softly, seriously, and made my point - it was better.  And I also implemented a behavior plan with rewards and losses for misbehavior.  I became a child therapist while raising him.  It worked for me and for my clients.  Also I mAde sure that I had A "date night" with him alone once per week - he felt special and we had fun.  during date night I wouldn't discipline, nag, etc - it was all about fun and being together.    It might no help - but I wanted to post. it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)