• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

creepy a** toy.....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 550 Total Views

So my 15 mo old DD has this little bear we got for her when she was younger. You press it's hands and feet and belly and nose and it talks to you and tells you what you're pressing. It has two settings, one that tells you what you're pressing or what color is it. The other setting sings and has rhymes. Lately it's been going off on it's own. I figure the Cat stepped on it, or something in her toybox is bumping it or even that the batteries are low. But today it was sitting in the very top of the toybox, nothing bumping it, no cats. DD is sleeping and I am reading a book and the damn thing goes off "Green hand" is says. I think "strange" and go back to reading. Two seconds later "I love you"  I look at this toy and think "since when does that thing say I love you?" and I continue reading. 15 minutes later "Green hand" Now I'm annoyed, I dislike that toy anyway. Two seconds later "Hug me!" Now I'm like WTF. Need to get new batteries ASAP!! But i'm curious now, that toy has NEVER said I LOVE YOU before... I go over and start pressing all the body parts multiple times, I switch the setting and try those ones... that toy does NOT, i repeat NOT say I love you... AND "green hand" and "hug me" are not even on the same setting... WTF is going on with this toy?? Anyone else have a crazy kids toy? or even this toy?

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dimples04
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:52 PM

LOL!!!  Yes, dd had a bath time dolly and it said "momma" and giggled and was cute for all intended purposes.  Then the Batteries started going dead and I would hear this random "momma" and my dd would be sleeping or in the room with me and I checked and didn't hear it again for a while then I would hear this Chuckie sounding giggle.  remove or change the batteries and the bear will be peaceful again.  LOL 

whenshesmiles
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I hate when the batteries start to go, it's just creepy LOL

nhoneal
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Ok, we're weird I know, but we have a stuffed quacking duck that used to belong to my grandmother.  She passed away a while ago, but to this day, whenever that duck goes off for no reason, we just say, "Hi, grandma!"

whenshesmiles
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Not nearly as weird as you think : )

Quoting nhoneal:

Ok, we're weird I know, but we have a stuffed quacking duck that used to belong to my grandmother.  She passed away a while ago, but to this day, whenever that duck goes off for no reason, we just say, "Hi, grandma!"

jen_greiner
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Lemme guess:

It is a puppy with floppy blue puppy ears?

If it is.....I have him, too. And he talks randomly at night.

Don't judge me because I am a smoker, I am a stay at home mom,I have tattoo's and piercings, I drive a mini-van, I use front facing car-seats, I am married to an atheist, I am non-religious, I support and voted for Obama, I am Hispanic, I dropped out of High School, I give time outs, I have formula fed my babies from birth to one year, I am against cloth diapers, I am not very 'green', I give my kids sugar, I am very Pro-Choice, I support gay marriage, I allow my children to watch t.v., I eat meat, and got married young. Just because you don't approve, doesn't mean it's wrong. Take a look in the mirror. You're not perfect.

whenshesmiles
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Quoting jen_greiner:

Lemme guess:

It sure is LOL

nily
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM

hahahahaha cute and FUNNY!

Quoting nhoneal:

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
sublime7713
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:18 PM

my son has the same toy.  i have heard it say i love you several times.

abootie
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 8:51 PM

We have it too! Never heard it happen anyway. We had a mickey ride on toy for my daughter when she was little. In the middle of the night it just started going off. It was downstairs and I was upstairs in the Bedroom with the door shut, and was woken up out of a deep sleep! So it was LOUD! lol I didn't know what it was at first, so I was startled and looking around and finally i saw and heard the lights going off on this thing. Freaked me out! I had to take the bats. out right then and there.

Quoting whenshesmiles:

Quoting jen_greiner:

Lemme guess:

It sure is LOL

TashaLinette87
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 9:57 PM

My daughters toys are costantly going off, especially the elmo she has...idk which one it is but it's got the bottle and it burps lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)