Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Help

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 107 Total Views

I need some advice.... My daughter is 5 months old and she is my first she sleeps in a bassinett right next to my bed and I should put her in her crib now but i cant seem to make that transition.. her crib is in my room also but it is to far from me i think i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on making it easier for me to make my switch

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Divamom316
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:01 AM

I know how you feel. When my daughter was born I didn't want her to be far from me. She slept with me until she was 3. Now I have a 6 month son after 11 years and I feel the same about him but I had to think about my hubby. He needed his sleep a night too. It was hard the first couple of nights but now I prefer my son sleeps in his own bed and room!

sailors_wife13
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:19 AM
well theres a couple of things you could try. you could try moving the bassinet away from your bed. as well as putting her in her crib during the day when she sleeps so that you can see that shes fine and that its okay for her.
Jenn74
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:06 PM

I think it is always hard to do, but once you do she will probably sleep better and you will too....anyway I know with mine they were constantly hitting their hands on the side of the bassinet and waking themselves up and once i put them in their crib they and i slept much better...it will just take some time to get used to it.....Jenn

jbirchard
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:35 PM

i still cant make the transaction either. i sleep better with my kids in my room, but good luck to you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)