Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help my baby is sick and i dont know what to do!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

My 15 month old has the flu!!! I dont know what to do to make him feel any better! any advice? Thanks!!!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Teon
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:17 PM

Give him medicine.....  keep him warm.... give the baby lots to drink.

paganpiratemama
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:35 PM

You could try Johnson's vapor bath, alternate Motrin with Tylenol every 4-6 hours and make sure he gets plenty of fluids. Anything he will drink. If he's throwing up, just give him a few mls at a time every few mins with a dropper or plastic syringe. Lots of cuddles and a favorite book or lovey and your love!

noplacelike_ohm
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:01 PM
at 15 months, just a couple drops of children's motrin in his favorite juice about twice a day. Other then that....just things he finds comfy...same as what you would find comfy. If the temperature gets higher than 102 take him to the ER asap....but don't worry about it if it is under 103, just keep hm comfy with light clothing.
happee_mommy
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:06 PM

It depends on what you mean by the flu....if he/she has vomitting and diarrhea, don't give anything by mouth for about four hours.  Then start with liquids, if he/she can keep those down then you can start with bland foods....the best liquid is pedialyte, but lots of kids wont drink that so gatorade is a good alternative, it at least has electolytes in it.  As for bland food remember the BRATT diet...bananas,rice, applesauce, toast and tea....whatever is age appropriate.  No milk or milk products until all is better.  This will just have to run its course

If you are dealing with a fever alternate tylenol and ibuprofen, you can give tylenol every 4 hours and ibuprofen every 6 hours.  Vix vapor rub is good for congestion....put it on the feet and apply socks.  Trust me it works.  If you are still dealing with a fever tomorrow...call the doctor. Hope this helps...remember everything will be okay.

BrendanMom
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Does he have a Fever ?

If you want to make sure that his fever/pain medicine stays put -give him feverall' which is a butt suppository .

It aint fun for the kids but it's one way to know the medicine is in there and will dissolve there right away so if he has diherea he won't poo it out right away.

Vomiting & diherea - I suggest Lil Tummies Remedies- nausea Relief- works wonders  for intesinal flu, tummy flu, food issues as in if they didn't listen to mom and at a piece of cookie which caued severe bloating of the tummy with severe abdominal pain- with around 7 -10 blow outs . , same with our lovely throwing up & diherea issues  that we had in spring even works great for adults too besides.

Gatorade/powerade is great for to get liquids in -avoid water- because water will just make kids throw up more.

avantsiena
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Whatever you do keep his feaver down. It is extremely dangerous for a little one to run a high feaver for long periods of time. If your doctor hasn't told you- you need to alternate between motrin and childrens tylenol every 4 hours.

Keep him hydrated with popsickles, water, juice and fun stuff like sherbet.

Mother2oneboy
by on Jan. 29, 2009 at 11:37 AM

My son has had the flu three times in his little life. I know the pain!! A humidifier helps a lot, vic's baby rub, chicken noodle soup, pedalite, nose sucker and baby nasal spray and  lots of paitnece!!! Hang in there hun and hope the little one gets well soon!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)