Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a question out there for women with IUDs (mirena) that have gotten pregnant with them

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

How did you know you were pregnant? did your stomach hurt? i just want know what to expect if i do get pregnant while i have it (and im kinda worried i am now just because i feel different and my period is a little off)

so any info would be greatly appriciated :)

by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
calvinsmommy18
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 1:33 AM

mirena makes me all wacky... well my periods and stuff at least,. i never know when to expect them or if i will even get them, i;'ve had it for about 6 months. I thought i could be pregnant too because it felt like i had some symptoms of it but i took a test and i'm not. i guess just take a test and see then go see your dr to get it removed if you are.

riceswife
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:11 AM

i've never gotten pregnant with my iud but i have thought i was many times. i have had it for 2 years now & my period has just started to go away. it's always all weird. i wouldnt worry too much. the chances of actually getting pregnant with it are very slim. there is alot of information on the web about them...just type in "mirena iud" into google or something.

sunshinepixie
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM

My periods have always been like clockwork and I would freak out if I was a day late and take a test. I miscalculated and actually tested the day before I was supposed to start and found out I was pregnant. But some women don't even get periods after they have had Mirena a while. How long have you had yours?

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker
nurse_kiddy
by on Mar. 8, 2009 at 5:41 AM

ive had a mirena iud for over a year and a half now. i love love love mine! the copper iud messed me up pretty bad. but this mirena ive had 3 periods since ive had it. and by period i mean i wiped and there was pink on the t.p. so i called it my period.

ive never had any reason to worry about getting preggo with the iud. ive never had any weird cramps or pains at all. i would love to get my tubes tied but to be honest im enjoying being period free way to much!!

JleeD
by on Mar. 17, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I have Mirena too. I am going take a test today. I usually dont miss a period. I mean they are unpredictable but they always come every month. I still havent started for this month. I am spotting very very lightly i have been doing that for 2 days now so im really worried about being pregnant. I'm going buy a test today I will keep yall updated on what i find out. Thanks for all the information

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)