• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mil....caution language

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:15 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

so my hubby had a vasectomy almost 2 weeks ago and i waited on him hand and foot while he recovered. his mother is a nice woman normally but today i went to have my nails done and i guess she called my hubby as soon as she drove by me and freaked saying how i was a bitch cause i left hubby here alone with all four of our kids. i haven't left the house for 3 weeks and my cousin does my nails for free, so i thought i owed myself some me time. i really don't know what to do please I'm so hurt right now i have no idea.................help me!!!!

Proud mother of 4. amidy ,kaitlyn, magdalena, and jesse. proud wife of jesse.

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
westocean2
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM

You do deserve you time so don't feel bad for that.  He can handle the kids once in a while he helped make them to.  IMO she can just stay out of it.  If your husband was fine with you getting your nails done and watching the kids then that is all that matters and don't worry about her.  You can talk to her and tell her you were hurt by what she said.  Explain your side if you feel it necessary.  Good Luck

DezerayStewart
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:06 PM

i think the big problem is that in fact he didn't help make three if them they are from  my first marriage and first she was fine with it but know it just seems different. thank you for your advice it is greatly appreciated.

Proud mother of 4. amidy ,kaitlyn, magdalena, and jesse. proud wife of jesse.

sunshinemama42
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM

just because three of the kids didnt come from him doesnt mean anything. they were with you when you got married to him so he is now responsible for them. and she can say whatever she wants...you arent married to her. and im sure she will, pardon my french. bitch and moan, but dont let that get to you. as long as you and hubby are okay and he was okay with you getting out of the house then there is no problem. IMO your MIL just needs to learn to stay out of your business...maybe your hubby can talk with her. let her know that it was okay with him and that you did more than your share of taking care of him and the kids while he was recovering.

dont let it get to you. take a deep breath..and just let it roll off your sholders..you didnt do anything wrong. :D

hope it all works out for you.

Quoting DezerayStewart:

i think the big problem is that in fact he didn't help make three if them they are from  my first marriage and first she was fine with it but know it just seems different. thank you for your advice it is greatly appreciated.

texasgirl1611
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:12 PM

I would just let it roll off,  you know you did nothing wrong and you were probably only gone 1-2 hours anyway.  When a mamma's baby is hurting sometimes we can be unreasonable no matter how old they are . . lol

funny    

onyourterms
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I think you are fine. Let her freak out... you do deserve time for you.

A boss of mine had a V-sect and he was at work a day later... I didn;t know it took that long to recover to be honest...

She is just over reacting... like water off a ducks back, hun, let it roll off...

canthaveboys1
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM

Quoting DezerayStewart:

I am in the exact same boat. I have 3 from prior relationships, and only the last one was his. When he doesnt pull his weight I get mad and it starts an argument. I told mine that I would take mine to daycare and I did all 4 and he sat at home and did nothing.  Stupid I know! I will not ask him to do anything for me, nothing and he will get over it. Every mom needs time to herself, and you should not feel guilty about that. Sounds like the nosey mil needs to mind her business!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)