• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

32nd percentile... Worried..

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 2204 Total Views

This past Monday I had a doctors appointment and it didnt go as I was hoping but I guess it could have been a lot worse. 
I had an ultrasound done to check the positioning and size of the baby. Needless to say I was less than happy about it. She looks great but she is measuring pretty small. they say she is measuring about 2 weeks smaller than she should be. She weighs about 6.5 lbs. I didnt think much of it, but the Dr. says she is in the 32nd percentile of babies her age. It kinda upsets me because I have tried to do everything right this pregnancy and I feel as if I have done something wrong. I just want her to be healthy.  But Dr. says it isnt anything to really be concerned about. But of course Im worried.!

Dr. says that he thinks I may go into labor on my own before my next appt. which is Monday the 13th. I am around 3 cm dilated already.. YAY!! But if I dont go on my own they are going to induce probably on Tues or Weds. of next week.. So by next week this time I will have a baby girl!!!

Should I be worried?

expecting girlMiss Avery Grace is due April 23rd, 2009!!! 

by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dreaming061
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:09 PM

if the dr isnt worried then i would try not to worry. i know its easier said then done. but your baby is actually at a good weight. dereck was 6lbs 14.5oz when he was born. my tiny little man. and i was barely over 6lbs when i was born. some are just small for their age. all you need to do now is prepare  yourself for your daughter and rest for the labor. im sure all will be fine with her

~dereck michael 1/23/08~

stacyemmy
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Ultrasounds can be wrong. They said at my 41 1/2 week appointment my daughter measured 7lbs 4 oz. Two days later I was induced and gave birth to a 9lb 2oz 22in long little girl who has been big for her age ever since. When she was delivered they said she was infact 44weeks gestation and my duedate had been wrong the whole time.

Ultrasounds can be off a few pounds either way I wouldn't worry.

I'm Stacy, I'm 19, I attend college, I got my high school diploma, My daughter is 2, I have an angel baby, I am engaged to their daddy, He leaves for Marine bootcamp March 30th, Wedding is after boot, Natural I am natural child birthing, I'm a non-smoker, I'm a non- cio, I co-sleep, I breastfed, I dispoable diapered, I let her have a binky, I forward faced at 1, I vaccinate, I am bi-curious, I am pro-life, I am expecting Nov. 8th, I beleive in god, I spank when needed, I feed my daughter whatever she wants to eat, I potty trained before 2, and I am a teen mommy who has already broken the sterotype!

Dance13
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Congratz she will be born around my birthday. Mine is on the 14th.

ajack918
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Thanks.. Im gonna try to just focus on getting her here... Hopefully the U/S is wrong and she'll be a healthier weight..

expecting girlMiss Avery Grace is due April 23rd, 2009!!! 

marinewife1303
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:55 PM

don't worry about a thing. i was WAY smaller with my 3rd pregnancy. the dr.'s were concerned and gave me an ultrasound every month from my 5 month point. lots of pictures for me, but made me kinda worry. and i did everything i did with my other pregnacies, so it wasn't anything i did wrong.  when i was about 39 weeks the dr. induced me. and to tell you the truth, i loved it. it made labor happen a lot faster so i got my baby girl sooner. and there wasn't a thing wrong with her. she weighed 6lbs. 15 1/2oz. she was my smallest baby, but my only girl.  so don't worry about your baby's health or being induced. if you want labor to come naturally take a VERY FAST walk, like almost jogging, eat italian food (eggplant parmesean was recommended by my mid wife actually, i didn't try it though, but i did have pasta and i had my son the next morning!) and have sex. good luck and congrats early on your new baby girl!!!

nah25
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I measured over a month smaller than I should have been . At delivery which was 39 weeks my dd was only 6 lb. 1/2 oz. She is fine just a small little girl, but both her daddy and I are not big. I am sure everything is fine.

a href="http://www.baby-gaga.com/">baby growth
ohmommamia
by on Apr. 8, 2009 at 4:00 PM

My baby girl weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces at birth and she is perfectly healthy.  That's not a bad size.  She is growing great, but is still in the 25th percentile, but I think she looks very healthy.  Don't worry!!

littleblessin
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 11:26 AM

I know you've gotten a lot of answers. I just want to say also that 6 lbs. is a good weight. My baby was 7'1 when he was born, and couldn't be healthier. And I also wanted to say not to worry. I have a friend that went into labor at 24 weeks. The baby was born at 1 lb. if that! I don't even remeber the accurate size. He's still in the hospital, but he's living! Miracles happen. Just get plenty of rest and God will do the rest. :)

momjune74
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 1:52 PM

my little girl was only born 20 days early she was 5 lbs 14 oz she was perfectly healthy and came home right on time 2 days later, she has been just a small little girl she is now a yr old and still only in the 25th percentile and is really health if your dr isnt worried i wouldnt be to worried either

texasgirl1611
by on Apr. 9, 2009 at 7:22 PM

THe day before I had my son the ultrasound said 7 lbs 5 oz.  He came out 7 lbs. 14 oz.  Not a big jump, but a jump non the less.  They are not alway accurate . . . don't worry mamma and be sure to post pics of that healthy baby asap!!

funny    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)