Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don't understand my dad..... lol

Posted by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 170 Total Views

Ok, right now my dad is "staying with us". Now let me define that before some of you judgemental women start calling me a bum for living with my dad. We all moved in together (dad, SO, my two daughters and I) because we didn't think we would be able to get our own place since we were saving for a car (which we have now) and my dad didn't think he could make it on his own. Well we are all 3 on the lease and the first month we were here dad payed more than SO did. Well now dad has a girlfriend that he going to marry in the near future and is going to move into her house. We pay more than he does now (which we totally don't mind because it's almost like he doesn't even really live here anymore lol). Dad pays half the rent, but SO pays the utilities, house essential, groceries and other stuff. Well we are thinking about moving because we think we are paying too much for this place. My dad has became a totally different person since my mom passed away and he doesn't even really listen to me anymore. I was telling him about how I was looking the paper and on the net for a new place wasn't having any luck ATM and he immediatly thought that I was saying that we WEREN'T going to be able to find a place so he said "well hey, you guys should move in with us!". I said "that's ok, we are still look and may have a place in mind". Anyway, the reason I'm saying that I don't understand him is because whenever he is here for dinner or something and one of my girls is throwing a fit he will just pop off and say "now you know why I'm never here" which I know he doesn't really mean because he just likes spending time with his girlfriend. He really acts like he doesn't want to be around us without his girlfriend here, so why on earth would want us to continue living with him? WE definitly don't want to continue living with him. We are excited about getting our own place. He just won't stop hinting around about us moving in with him and his girlfriend. I'm not venting, far from it actually. I just think it's funny what he is doing.

THE Future Mrs. Smith
Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on May. 8, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)