Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

Say your older daughter has a myspace account and she shows you your preschool teacher's side view of her behind? It is not nudity at all. She has it title "you know you want some of this"

I have a different view of her now. I understand that she is a newly divorcee and has a 2 or 3 yr daughter. I don't know. Maybe I'm reading to much into this. It's her life.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
tflo76
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:55 AM
I could see how that could change your perception of her. And it's not "wrong" on either of you, it's just part of life. Like you said, it is her life, she's not just a school teacher, but at the same time, she is an influence on your daughter.
ohmommamia
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:10 AM

That's a tough one.  I understand where you are coming from, but on the flip side it is so difficult for teachers just to live their lives.  I know that teachers are set to a different standard and should not be out doing things that are inappropriate, but they are people to.  The main thing I would say to her is set her Myspace page to private.  I actually had this happen to me and it was tough.  I had a picture on my Myspace of page from a vacation at the beach with a friend and we were having a drink (no big deal, just a drink) and the beverage showed in the picture.  One of the teachers I worked with saw it on my page and had to have a "talk" with me about it.  I informed her that I was 36 years old and was legally allowed to have a drink, but I did end up taking the picture off my page and setting my page to private, because I understand that parents can take it the wrong way.  So, my point is to try to understand the teacher's perspective, but she really should set it to private.  Teachers have lost their jobs over things posted on Myspace and Facebook.  We just have to be more careful than others.  Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)