Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A Silly Thought About The Duggars

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

They managed to come up with 18 J names although some are a stretch but none are completely hiddeous. They do not seem to be running out of J names any time soon. For that I actually applaud them. In a world full of bad kid names none of their kids will be totally messed up from their names.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vm88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM

im not a fan of the  name jedidiah

trobnolte
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I so agree with you. I love watching that show also!

MammaHota
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 5:54 PM

i never watched their show till i was pregnant. we had already decided on the name Jessa for our dd and i was watching their show and found out one of their kids was named Jessa...i was kinda annoyed lol. we looked for a new for 6 months that wasn't super common but wasn't weird, and here it was on freaking TLC lol. i wanted to change her name IMMEDIATELY! but dh persisted with jessa, so we named her Jessalynn . we still call her jessa tho...

nycte
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:14 PM

It is not a great name I agree but will he need therapy for it? Heck no. See her kids all have names that are somewhat reasonable. She did not name anyone after a commercial product or nazi concentration camps. My husband works at the airport and he sees some doozies every day. So when I see what she named her kids, even if I do not love their names I still applaud her for using common sense when naming that many kids with J names.

Quoting vm88:

im not a fan of the  name jedidiah

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
mommyofa147
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 9:17 PM

i love that show its my fav

passionatebren
by on Jun. 11, 2009 at 5:28 PM

I knew a family that gave names to all of their kids starting with the letter A. They put on their license plates A-TEAM lol

Bren

PreemieIansMom
by on Jun. 15, 2009 at 11:48 PM

I liked how in the son's wedding vows they stated that they were going to let god choose how many kids they have.......I hear the newlyweds are already pregnant!

Lukesmom07
by on Jun. 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I like the Duggars to. You have a point there none of there names are way out there. I also am amazed how she talks so sweet and soft to the younger kids while correcting them and they listen!

aarod23sgal
by on Jun. 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I have a little funny family story to relate to the J name thing my brother who had 7 kids all with J the kids who are grown named some of their kids are J too but the kicker was they repeated names which was very confusing for me  ( Aunt far away can not keep them all straight). Then we went ahead with J too but honestly did not even dawn on me until after the fact mine are Johnathon and Jacob..My brothers oddest name was the twins they named journey and jessica and they already had a boy named jesse not to original i am thinking.They also have a Jasmine and the great niece is jasmine too..i say stop already!! lol

ladybug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)