Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleeping on your back

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 114 Total Views

i keep laying on my back through the night. they say that you are not supposed too, but i am asleep so there is no control

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alldolledup2005
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:51 AM
This may sound weird but if I sleep on my back Ill have nightmares. When I have a bad dream I always wake up on my back. My fiance told me too that if he sees me on my back he can tell something wrong is going on inside my head. I can't explain why but I personally just cant do that.
But why is that bad for you. You would think that it would be good. I think anyhow.
MissJennJenn
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:54 AM

lol i know how that feels. im 8 months pregnant and i have to sleep on my sides.....i want to sleep on my back but theres just no possible way. if ur not pregnant then theres nothing wrong with u sleeping on ur back....

sleeping on your stomache tho is no a good idea cause it cuts of blood flow and oxygen to ur brain could cause u to have a stroke......at least thats what ive heard ;)

KRISSY2988
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:56 AM

i no a man that had nightmares when he layed on his back and found out that he had sleep apne (sp?)

Quoting alldolledup2005:

This may sound weird but if I sleep on my back Ill have nightmares. When I have a bad dream I always wake up on my back. My fiance told me too that if he sees me on my back he can tell something wrong is going on inside my head. I can't explain why but I personally just cant do that.
But why is that bad for you. You would think that it would be good. I think anyhow.

KRISSY2988
by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 1:59 AM

i am 21 and i sleep on my stomack everynight cant sleep any other way..... with my son i slept on my stomack till i was 5 months with my daughter only till i was 2 and then had to start sleeping on my sides...... once babys were otu adn i was healed i went straight back to my stomack......oh and the reason you arent suppose to sleep on your back while pregers is because there is a huge artery that you will stop the blood flow and will cause your oxygen level to go down and then the baby isnt getting enough oxygen.

Quoting MissJennJenn:

lol i know how that feels. im 8 months pregnant and i have to sleep on my sides.....i want to sleep on my back but theres just no possible way. if ur not pregnant then theres nothing wrong with u sleeping on ur back....

sleeping on your stomache tho is no a good idea cause it cuts of blood flow and oxygen to ur brain could cause u to have a stroke......at least thats what ive heard ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)