• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my car accident on monday(kinda long )pics included

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 272 Total Views

so i knew waking up on monday morning i was in for a rough day..i just felt grouchy...well was i right or wat? so i was heading to school on the highway where the speed limit is 70 mph..i was going the speed limit and was about 8 miles out of town when this stupid ass van pulls out into my lane....this is a 2 lane highway...when they pulled out it seemed like they were going to going to right lane, i was in the left, well just when i thought thats what they were gonna do they pulled into my lane...i slammed my brakes but it wasnt enough....i slammed into the back of that car which couldnt of been going more than 30 mph, i was goin at least 60 when i hit them. well i hit them with the right side of my front end which sent me into a spin into the median where i stopped..my car totallly screwed up....ugh what a morning.so i gather myself and realize that i am the luckiest bitch ever cuz i wasnt seriously injured, my car on the other hand was a smmoking mess..i got out of the car to realize i wasnt doing as hot as i thought and sat down to catch my breath. the airbag deployed and it felt like i had been punched int the chest. so i am sitting there in the grass a passerby came by to help me..lucky for me he was just getting off of his shift and the hospital a couple towns over and he held my neck steady..he was really nice and helpful and stayed with me till the ems came which took like 15 minutes we all talked about how it was good that no one was in a life threatening condition because the ems took forever to get there. well then though i was feeling better my chest hurt really bad and i was taken by ambulence to that hospital a few towns over..luckily the car i was in was still being financed so i had full comp insurance so all the medical is taken care of. so i am in the ambulence strapped to that board they put u on and they load a 12 year  old girl in there with me...were in route to the hospital and she says she needs to throw up and commences puking.the emt rolls her to her side and as she does drops of the girls vomit are goin on to my face!! so gross. !! the emt apologized for it and gave me a napkin to clean my face.i was trying to make light of the situation seeing as how everyone pretty much wasnt in any life threatening situations.i evenn snapped a pic of myself on my phone which cracked up the emt.she said no one had ever done that while in her ambulence. lol well i got the hospital waited around for a few hours for x rays and what not and was released with just a bruised lung and some scrapes and bruises..now i just have to deal with all the insurance crap.  and deal with the pain in my neck and chest but overall im lucky to have escaped in the condition im in it couldve been a lot worse and ia m thankful i didnt have olivia with me...ugh its gonna be a long week...at least the other lady got cited for failure to yeild which proves the accident wasnt my fault so we'll see how everything turns out... what a day...well here are a few pics..the first is the one i took in the ambulence, the second is me at the hospital smiling for the camera and the last two are pics i took today of the car in the tow trucks lot

by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tonya_Colt
by on Jul. 28, 2009 at 7:20 PM

Glad you and everybody else is okay.clapping

CafeMom Tickers
junecrab
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 10:39 AM

bummer.  i am glad your home....

junecrab

Peace starts with a Smile.....Bitches!

BibusMommy3
by on Jul. 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM

Quoting Tonya_Colt:

Glad you and everybody else is okay.clapping

*Amarilis*    

expecting baby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)