Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm having a problem

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

banging head into wallHas ANYONE ever felt that your kids annoy you?  I know, strange question to ask but I am having a very difficult time here...for the past couple of days I have been very annoyed with my 5 yr old son.  Everything that he does just bothers me and I want him to leave me alone.  Don't get me wrong I do not mistreat him in any way or neglect him in any way I still do the motherly duties that I have but it's like this overwhelming feeling that I just want him to leave me alone. School here doesn't start for another 2 weeks and him and I have been home pretty much the whole summer.  My DH works and goes to school 3 nights a week, and I've just been here at home with our son.  We have been remodeling and rearranging the house so of course it's a mess in this place everywhere I turn.  I started reading again after like 3 or 4 years since I've picked up a good book I'll just read until 2 to 3 in the morning which I enjoy because at that time I am by myself and noone is bothering me.  ALl I want to do is listen to music and dance around the house like I use to when I was single but I can't really do that here...I'M NEVER ALONE!!!!!!!!!  Sorry......................I had to scream a moment there. 

I wanted to know if anyone out there has felt like this or worse.  I mean I can't take this anymore I just want to run away and scream....ugh....I'm just so bothered.frustrated

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mom2madelyn515
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM

It sounds like you just need some "grown-up" time. I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband works full-time, so I am with my daughter by myself most of the time also. so....I decided that I needed some grown-up time yesterday, so a friend and I went to New Orleans  (day trip for me, I live only 1 hour away) and had a few "mommy" drinks and just relaxed and listened to the rain and the music.....just what we both needed. My daughter is 2 years old, so I asked my mom to watch her while we went. That may be all you need...you should try it!

Hope it works!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)