Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my metformin causing me to be sick?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:09 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 154 Total Views

I was just wondering if anyone who has taken Metformin has had any side effects with it. I have been on it for over 6 years now and have been sick to my stomache for the last 3 days. It started when my AF did and my AF was pretty consitant for 2 days and has now gone. I have a sick feeling all day and all night. one minute I am fine then the next I have to fight the urge to get sick. Today I did get sick. Crackers have helped but not alot. Lemon flavored seltzer helps to for a bit and then I feel sick again. I have not had much of a fever but it is at 99.2 degrees max. I have never felt this way while on Metformin.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jazzyandpat
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:12 PM

i thought i was the only one feeling that way.. i get so sick to my tummy where it feels like heart burn and i want to thew up from it.. matter of fact i have before... know that u said something i better call my dr and talk to them about it.

PCOSmamma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:14 PM

I have been hoping its not but it just started out of no where. and like I said I have been on it for over 6 years. I feel good knowing I am not the only one. 

jazzyandpat
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:19 PM

same here it came out of no where... i have only been on it for 2 years... i havent liked it from the day i started it, but my dr thinks it is the best for me.. i have been feeling sick like this for a good month.. no matter on what i eat or drink i feel this way... i can even drink water and feel like crap...

here is question for u... after your sugar drops or goes off the ruff. do you get sicker to your tummy?

PCOSmamma
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:34 PM

My sugar levels out where it is suppose to be and does not drop.  I use mine for PCOS. The lst time I felt this sick was when i found out i was prego with my DD who is now 3.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)