Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO U CLEAN EVERYDAY?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM
  • 26 Replies
  • 445 Total Views

AM I A BAD MOMMY/WIFE? I DONT CLEAN EVERY DAY BUT I DO CLEAN..I KNOW IT WOULD BE GOOD TO CLEAN EVERYDAY, SO IT WONT BE SUCH A BIG TASK WHENEVER IT IS TIME TO CLEAN, BUT THE THOUGHT OF CLEANING EVERYDAY KILLS ME..THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO CLEAN AND IF I DO CLEAN, CLEANING WILL BE MY WHOLE LIFE...THIS IS A CONSTANT ISSUE WITH ME AND THE HUBBY.. MIND U HE DOES'NT CLEAN A THING BUT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT... AM I JUST LAZY OR WHAT?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shelby020408
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:25 PM

No I don't think you are lazy, sometimes I feel like just doing the dishes is like the biggest hassle ever, and I can hardly muster up the energy to get it done. But I find that it helps so much to just do a little every day to keep up with it.

chuckees_luvee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

No you're not lazy. I've found if I spend all my time cleaning it looks the same as it did before I started, by the time I am done. I "clean-up" everyday, but only clean clean every three days or so. Hubby could care less.

AngelicaRenee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Join this group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/UnmotivatedMommyCleaningClub

I hate cleaning but somehow having this group has helped me to keep my house clean! lol. It's not as clean as it should be but it is easier for me to get up everyday and do the little bit of cleaning each day. And dishes are much easier now. Instead of waiting until the sinks are full I am now doing them everyday and it's so much quicker! And believe me, I have a very clingy 22 month old, so i don't have a lot of time to get things done.

Nari-on-the-way
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:32 PM

THANKS FOR THE INFO...

nily
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Well I make a HUGE clean on Saturdays and durring the week I just maintain everything organize. So nope you are not lazy.

6in5years
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Yes,  I clean everyday.  I have 6 children and they clean everyday too.  I have a DH and he cleans everyday too. lol  I start as soon as I get up.  I go directly to the laundry room and click on the washer and then head to the coffee pot.  While the washer is filling up I drink my first cup of coffee.  It's just a routine that I am in.

frat_twin_mama
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:58 PM

NO!!! The only time our house gets really cleaned is when we are having company over!  LOL!! I tell hubby we need to have people over more often so I keep the house clean!  I have 2 1/2 year old twins and a 5 month old, plus I watch other kids- right now a very clingy 2 month old! I am lucky to get the dishes done and fold a couple baskets of clothes a day to keep the clean laundry from overtaking the house!  My MIL has a magnet on her refridgerator that I love.  It says, "My house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be fun!"  Whenever I look at my floor that resembles a tornado hitting a toy store I just think of that magnet!

CODYSMOM_00
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:01 AM

the only things i clean everyday is the dishes and laundry. and keep the kitchen wiped down. the bathrooms and running the sweeper get done weekly. and i also keep things picked up all day long, so that helps too.

buttercupm03
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:52 AM

I don't think you are lazy. I know it;s hard to clean everyday. Check out flylady.net they give great advice on how to keep the house clean by doing small things on a daily basis so you dont feel like you are totally overwhelmed when you do clean. It's very interesting. 

WorkatHomeMom08
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:07 AM

No, you are not a bad mom for not cleaning every day. Life is too short to waste it cleaning all the time. Believe me, I know. I have a sister-in-law who cleans all the time in her home and goes out to clean other people's houses almost every day.  Yes, her house is spotless and you could eat of the floor, but she has arthritis in most of her joints and in her back. The way I see it, it's better to be healthy, play with your kids, take time for yourself, and have a little bit of dirt. Enjoy life!! I must tell you also that most cleaning products contain many harsh chemicals that can harm us and our children, which would be another reason why you shouldn't be cleaning all the time.

If you would like to have safe and healthy household products in your home, I can help you with that.  http://www.thewhycircle.com/alice.

WorkatHomeMom08

Alice

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)