Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

son's surgery- prayers welcomed *UPDATE* in Blue

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 414 Total Views

My 12 y/o is having knee surgery this Thursday (8/27) He hurt his knee doing tricks on his bike and now has to replace the ligament and repair the miscadisc(sp) they are putting screws through the growth plate and using the hamstring to fix the missing ligaments. We are leaving for Milwaukee at 4 am Thursday morning his surgery is at 7:30am. So please pray for a safe surgery and speedy recovery.

It is now 11:30 am he has been in surgery for 4 hours, they said it would take 2 and a half to 3 hours, they called from the operating room to say that it would take a little longer than they thought, at least another hour to hour and a half. Well good news the doc just came out and said everything went good. Thank you all for the prayers. They worked.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenniP0708270
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:07 AM

just said a prayer for him. hope he has a speedy recovery

good luck

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
kittkatt45
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:27 AM

Thank you very much!!!

DezmondMommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM

praying

justmenmine
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM

may god bless your precious lil one with the strength and healing for a speedy recovery and also you guys a safe trip and return home...in jesus precious and capable name.angel mini

s.t.e.p.h
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:56 AM

Praying for your family! I'm sure he'll do just fine.

((*Steph-23 year old stay at home momma to my 3 March babies:Elijah,Brayden and Hannah.
wedding web site

angie2719
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Just said a prayer for your son and your family. My brother had the same surgery when he was 11/12 and its a tough recovery but i am sure your family will help him in every way possible. My bro had broken his arm riding his bike and had a cast put on the week before he fell down a flight of stairs at school landing on cement with his knee and a heavy bookbag. He was pretty much confined to the house as he had limited mobility for a few months. Good luck and well wishes.

taramd3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:29 AM

I will be praying for your son and your family thursday!!  My 4 yr old daughter is going Thrusday to Childrens Mercy for a consultation to set up her surgery...So I will be doing TONS of praying on Thursday!!

DSMOMOF4
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM

Ouch my prayers here for your son and family may he have a speedy recovery 

MarineWifey0708
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:36 PM

thoughts and prayers. hope he recovers very quickly.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
kittkatt45
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:26 AM

Thank you all for your prayers. I will udate after the surgery. Thank you all again!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)