Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

University that does not put your Discipline on the degree???!?!?!?!?!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

Hi all...

Any thoughts on this situation?

I completed the classes for my BA degree on May 3 2009. I got my degree  in the mail yesterday  (took them 4 months) to send it, but I was soooo excited to finally get it....then I read it.....

It says on it degree of Bachelor of Arts.  It does not say what my degree is in! Thought it was a mistake, so I called the school and left a VM.  I got a return VM saying that they do not put  "the nature of the degree on the degree"  

Has anyone out there EVER heard of such a thing?  This is an Accredited University.  I am 38 years old and have never heard of this in my life.  I just took a year of psychology courses and  paid over 20 thousand dollars for a useless piece of paper.   I am SOOOOO mad.  Never once during school or anywhere on their website, paperwork or anything else did they ever "warn" us that our degree would only say Bachelor of Arts.

If anyone out there has ever heard of this....please let me know.  I have not slept all night and I am ready to raise a fit until they put "in psychology" on my degree.  I am in the Masters program at the same school right now...just started it, however, now I will be going to a different University. 

Thank you

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
armywife1229
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM

I'm pretty sure that mine just says Bachelors of Arts. I don't think your major is on your diploma. I'm not 100% sure on mine though. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)